Monitor Audio Apex speaker setup

Red9uk

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all

|m fairly new to the whole Home Cinema scene. However, I am looking at a setup consisting of 4 X A10's, an A40 and an SVS SB1000 sub. Question is,, if I were to get alternative speakers (to lessen the cost) for the rears, what speakers would fit this setup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Radius 90 or Bronze FX if you can wall mount the speakers to side/rear wall about 1feet away from corner.

MASM wall bracket for the Radius 90 if you wall mount them. The floorstands are very expensive for them.

Last edited:
Radius 90 or Bronze FX if you can wall mount the speakers to side/rear wall about 1feet away from corner.
Thanks Gasp. I've had a look at these and they would save me quite a bit as you could get a pair for the price of one A10. However, would it matter at all if the rear speakers were a little larger than the fronts? I've checked the dimensions of the 90's and FX's and they're either taller or have more depth

Thanks Gasp. I've had a look at these and they would save me quite a bit as you could get a pair for the price of one A10. However, would it matter at all if the rear speakers were a little larger than the fronts? I've checked the dimensions of the 90's and FX's and they're either taller or have more depth

No the size difference isn´t issue, the Apex A10 are still more capable speakers than either of those two. Both should blend well after running your av-receivers mic setup. These two differs quite a lot though in this way; Radius 90 is more directional and the FX throws more dispersed soundfield as you have dual tweeters firing each direction. If the speakers would be less than meter to listeners i would gladly pick the FXs assuming both would be wall mounted. However the size/looks could play role too so choose which ever you feel works better in your room. If you have 5.1 system then MA recommends to mount FX speakers 1-2feet higher from seated ear height and if Atmos then roughly at seated ear height. And as mentioned leave about 1feet to next wall so don´t place them directly in corners.

Understood. Thank you very much Gasp, you've been really helpful.

Although you don't mention what AV amp you're running it's the room calibration that will iron out any differences in volume levels and distances to the listening position. Differences between speaker sizes and placement will be balanced out and the sub will take up the heavy lifting below a hopeful 80hz.

Although you don't mention what AV amp you're running it's the room calibration that will iron out any differences in volume levels and distances to the listening position. Differences between speaker sizes and placement will be balanced out and the sub will take up the heavy lifting below a hopeful 80hz.
Mentioning the amp might help lol. My girlfriends Dad gave us his old Pioneer SC-LX81

Mentioning the amp might help lol. My girlfriends Dad gave us his old Pioneer SC-LX81
Run MCAAC, think that's what's it called, hopefully you have the set up mic. You will have to run the set up as it's more thank likely calibrated for your benefactor's room. If want any help with running the calibration just come back on and ask.

Lucky lad, all my girlfriends fathers gave me was a black eye.

Run MCAAC, think that's what's it called, hopefully you have the set up mic. You will have to run the set up as it's more thank likely calibrated for your benefactor's room. If want any help with running the calibration just come back on and ask.

Lucky lad, all my girlfriends fathers gave me was a black eye.
We have the setup mic so we can definitely try running the calibration. Appreciate the help and advice Gibbsy and I'll be in touch if I need help with it. Sorry to hear about the black eye too dude.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom