• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Monitor Audio Apex A40 replace driver

Razorclam

Prominent Member
My cat put its claw through one of my A40 drivers.
MA have quoted £59 for a replacement. Has anyone had experience opening up the cab of these speakers? Any advice before I attack them with a screwdriver?
Thanks

Razorclam

Prominent Member
No idea. I've not got round to taking them off the wall. There is no access from the front that's for sure. I found an old thread that says it's a doddle to change the tweeter so I'm hoping the woofers are the same.

markymiles

Distinguished Member
Yep it's very easy to do. If you remove the allen key bolts from the back the whole baffle then comes apart. Make sure the drivers are facing up when you open the speaker as they can fall out otherwise. The bolts are all that's keeping them in pace. You only then need to remove the speaker wire and replace.

The hardest part I found was getting it back together as the foam can slightly obscure the bolts from going back into the threads. Overall though pretty easy.

Razorclam

Prominent Member
Piece of cake. Thanks. Was difficult getting one of the bolts back in as you say. Went in a bit tighter than I would have liked. [emoji853]
None the less. Back to full strength.

Razorclam

Prominent Member
I've just noticed this morning I've put it back together wrong. The drivers are sitting proud of the face of the cab and not 'sunk in'
Hope I haven't done any damage. [emoji20]

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom