Monitor Audio 270

InterestedNovice

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Back in 2018 I bought a Monitor Audio Radius speaker system consisting of 2 x Radius 90 (and Radius stands), 1 x 200 Centre Speaker and 1 x 380 subwoofer.

I play music as well as TV and film audio though my system.

As far as I'm concerned, overall sound quality matched my realistic expectations and has been excellent but I'd like to see if it's possible to improve things, especially the base when playing music in stereo.

Because there are others to take into account I am compromised for space. So much so that even the Silver 200's might look out of place.

I have a couple of questions and would much appreciate thoughts and feedback:

Are the 270 floor standers a noticeable step up from the 90's?

And it looks to me as though the current 270 range has been out for some time. I also have noticed that Richer Sounds have none of the Gloss Black 270's in Stock and Peter Tyson say '... available to order'.

Might this indicate that the Radius range is about to be revised?

Thanks

Hello,

Back in 2018 I bought a Monitor Audio Radius speaker system consisting of 2 x Radius 90 (and Radius stands), 1 x 200 Centre Speaker and 1 x 380 subwoofer.

I play music as well as TV and film audio though my system.

As far as I'm concerned, overall sound quality matched my realistic expectations and has been excellent but I'd like to see if it's possible to improve things, especially the base when playing music in stereo.

Because there are others to take into account I am compromised for space. So much so that even the Silver 200's might look out of place.

I have a couple of questions and would much appreciate thoughts and feedback:

Are the 270 floor standers a noticeable step up from the 90's?

And it looks to me as though the current 270 range has been out for some time. I also have noticed that Richer Sounds have none of the Gloss Black 270's in Stock and Peter Tyson say '... available to order'.

Might this indicate that the Radius range is about to be revised?

Thanks
What exactly is the size of the room? What are the constraints for speaker size? Sometimes instead of going for a larger speaker, it's better to go for a higher range.

What exactly is the size of the room? What are the constraints for speaker size? Sometimes instead of going for a larger speaker, it's better to go for a higher range.
Afternoon,

The seating area within the room is 14' by 12'. So, not big.

And mostly the issue is aesthetics.

Can I ask where you are looking to improve. It seems the musicality is something you enjoy, but obviously you are after something?

The first thing I would look at swapping would be the subwoofer as this should bring changes to all the frequencies. Can I ask what AV Receiver you have hooked up to?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom