Monitor 16:10 display question

pitchin4eva

Getting a 22" monitor & was wondering....
I know 1680x1050 is a 16:10 aspect ratio & that 360 outputs 16:9 with will result in image being slightly stretched.

In people's experience what is the better option:
1 - keep it displayed :16:10
2 - increase clock frequency

If I increase clock frequency do you lose alot of screen (is it annoying) & what percentage do you set it at for 16:9?

EDDS

was expecting this to be a standard "does the 360 support 16:10" question, instead you've confused me completely.

If I increase clock frequency do you lose alot of screen (is it annoying) & what percentage do you set it at for 16:9?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

i have no idea what your talking about there sorry lol

Getting a 22" monitor & was wondering....
I know 1680x1050 is a 16:10 aspect ratio & that 360 outputs 16:9 with will result in image being slightly stretched.

In people's experience what is the better option:
1 - keep it displayed :16:10

Option 2. Increase the clock frequency until it looks normal (there is no default percentage, just do it until you feel comfortable). You will lose a little bit of the picture, but nowhere near as much as you would through component and it's horrific overscan.

pitchin4eva

Option 2. Increase the clock frequency until it looks normal (there is no default percentage, just do it until you feel comfortable). You will lose a little bit of the picture, but nowhere near as much as you would through component and it's horrific overscan.

thanks mate, any chance of a pic to see how much ya miss of the right side?

I might just wait & save for a hdtv if it's annoying

thanks mate, any chance of a pic to see how much ya miss of the right side?

I might just wait & save for a hdtv if it's annoying

Sorry mate, upgraded from my monitor to a hdtv some time ago, so no pics :cool:.

sinizterguy

Novice Member
I had my xbox360 connected to my dell 2407 screen with the 16:10 ratio. There was a slight stretch, but it wasnt noticeable unless I went looking it. And it certainly didnt interfere with my enjoyment.

SHPanda

I tested mine with all the different resolutions, and I found that if I used 1360 x 768 which is 16:9 it was almost perfect on my 16:10 screen, and it required very little stretching/resizing so little that it looked perfect, you couldn't tell it was being stretched at all.

It's also a pretty damn decent resolution, the best progressive scan resoltuion the Xbox can output in besides 1080p.

Try it before you start doing anything else, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom