• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Moning house with sky?

modey

Established Member
I'll be moving house in a few weeks, i currently have a sky hd box but cancelled the hd sub and only now subscribe to the full entertainment pack.

Question is, will sky charge me to put a new dish on my new property and connect it to my existing box?

If they do charge would it be nay cheaper to just cancel altogether and strat a new sub in my wifes name?

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
As I see it you have a couple of choices:=

Do as you say and take out a new suscription in your wife's name - this will give you a brand new HD box for £49 and installation. You can then flog your old box on e-Bay and recoup some costs - you will however be stuck with the £10/mo HD subscription for 12 months.

Call up to cancel explaining that your new house does not have a dish - see what they offer you..............tell them you do not wish to pay anything, you'd rather live with Freeview.

modey

Established Member
As I see it you have a couple of choices:=

Do as you say and take out a new suscription in your wife's name - this will give you a brand new HD box for £49 and installation. You can then flog your old box on e-Bay and recoup some costs - you will however be stuck with the £10/mo HD subscription for 12 months.

Call up to cancel explaining that your new house does not have a dish - see what they offer you..............tell them you do not wish to pay anything, you'd rather live with Freeview.

cheers, i don't want to take out a new hd sub as i don't subscribe to any of the movie or sports channels now as i have a dreambox 800 hd for that so it's really a waste of money.

I was just looking to see if anyone knew the cost of moving to a new property

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
do what i did recommend yourself as a new customer at your new house. subscribing as a new customer i got a free sky+ box, £50 m&s vouchers, free install and 3 moths £10 subscription.

in order be a new customer put it in your wifes name and pay out of a different bank account then your current subscription

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom