Money no object which would you get

Geezer

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Pioneer or Panny? im sure there has been threads about this in the past but i couldnt find any.

So which 42 would you go for? im unsure which i would prefer

I really liked the look of the Pioneer 'Piano' black finish, but at the end of the day I went for the Fuji VHA30 irrespective of cost on the basis that it had the picture that 'to me' seemed best.

ok...... here is my take. If you were cost no matter, i would go for the pioneer. However, almost no one is and I will make addition to my statement by saying that I would buy neither of these without spending and additional £1kish plus on a video processor.....

ad

yeah..... thats what I mean..... on the basis of what i read of the mediabox, I wouldnt consider the HDE at all!

ad

Originally posted by MAW
Buns, I take it you'd be looking at the 43mx, as a scaler with the HDE is medium pointless?

Im lost, care to explain?
:lease: :D

Oh god, I'm so depressed. There are about 10 000 threads on this. The HDE has: VGA on the FRONT PANEL, accepts 1024x768, HDMI on rear, accepts HDMI resolutions, ie 720p, which is not native, negating the whole purpose of a scaler. If you want more, try searching for any of those terms, email me, Gordon, Joe, etc for a full discourse on the subject.

Originally posted by MAW
Oh god, I'm so depressed. There are about 10 000 threads on this.

Sorry i only asked.

Thanks for the explaination :smashin:

Hi Geezer,

After owning a Pioneer 503MXE for a number of years, I've now ordered a Pioneer 50MXE-1 and Lumagen VisionPro HDP scaler from Joe Fernand.

I've also checked out the Pannys and they are by far the best value for money at the moment. They have better blacks than the Pioneers but I feel the Pioneer just edges it in overall picture quality. The new Pioneer MXE-1s are supposedly scaler friendly, i.e. you can turn of the native refresh rate and set it in the scaler.

Geezer, no offence intended, you should just ignore me while I stand in the corner and rust. The MXE is the man for scalers and PC's but of course it's not HDCP compliant as standard, so no HDMI DVD players or top end Denon amps. An aftermarket video card might sort this.

The new Pioneer MXE-1s are supposedly scaler friendly, i.e. you can turn of the native refresh rate and set it in the scaler.

Is this definate? I've seen a couple of hints indicating this but it would be good to know for certain.

I'm teetering on the edge of a mxe-1/I Scan HD combo but the thought of possible judder was causing an element of doubt to remain.

Am i right to think that this feature should eliminate judder problems ?

Think I'll hold on till they've been out for a couple of months and we get feedback/I've had chance to view.

Besides - Off to Portugal in June/July so wouldn't get much use til after then :smashin:

Sorry - all a bit :offtopic:

Is this definate? I've seen a couple of hints indicating this but it would be good to know for certain.

Joe has now seen a production 50MXE-1 and hopefully he will post and let us know for certain.

My order should be delivered when the Lumagens arrive, so I will let you know then.

Besides - Off to Portugal in June/July so wouldn't get much use til after then

I'm jealous, hope England go all the way. :clap:

Gaz

Originally posted by MAW
Geezer, no offence intended, you should just ignore me while I stand in the corner and rust. The MXE is the man for scalers and PC's but of course it's not HDCP compliant as standard, so no HDMI DVD players or top end Denon amps. An aftermarket video card might sort this.

None taken :smashin:

I think i am going to wait until the new Pioneer models are out as well as the new Lumagens. Then will have to go through it all again :D

I've ordered my 43mxe1 from Joe too...shame that when it arrives i'll also be off to portugal!! :) i have 2 quarter final tickets!!...

i have held out buying a scaler and will wait maybe till Xmas to make a final decision...until then anyones feedback is most welcome.

I have a customer having a 43MXE1 and a iscan HD, which will be interesting to compare with experiences with the lumagen. They are still saying June for delivery, fingers crossed.

looks like we should be getting some good feedback on both the mxe/iscan HD and mxe/lumagen

can't wait !

(re Portugal - I'm going to group game/QF/Final - looking forward to reliving it all on a shiny new plasma throughout August !)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom