Money no object, which 50" ????

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by tima27, Nov 11, 2004.

1. tima27

tima27
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I want to start a poll with you guys :) :lease:

Price aside which 50" Plasma would everyone go for given the choice !

it seems to only be a choice between Panasonic and Pioneer but which models PW7HD or Viera, 50XDE or MXE1 ????

All views will be read with interest, thanks in advance :clap:

2. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    Avoid plasma "TV" and go for monitor only - 50MXE1 or 50PHD7 with Lumagen VisionProHDP :D . New NEC 50" may prove quite tasty when it's out at the end of the year too. You need to see for yourself the difference between Panny and Pio, neither is better more a personal taste thing.

3. tima27

tima27
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply Liam, what is a Lumagen VisionProHDP by the way and how much are they

Could you PM me if you sell these with a price and what you would charge to install it as well

thanks

4. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    Lumagen is a dedicated video processor - highly necessary to get the ultimate picture from your plasma screen. Note there will be a price increase on Lumagen products next week so for anyone reading who is close to ordering they may want to contact their Lumagen dealer asap

http://www.progressive-av.co.uk/accessories/processors.htm

will ping you over a PM now...

5. tima27

tima27
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    great send me a PM and we'll have a chat

6. peezee

peezee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tima27, I've "observed" many plasma screens over the last few months (mostly 37" and 42"), but recently I've had an opportunity to watch a Pio 505HDE in action (PAL DVD (*not* HD), not sure if HDMI or YUV connection), well set-up and in a good environment (nice and quiet showroom, not too much ambient light, ...).

Well, what can I say: it litterally blew my mind! NEVER seen such quality on a plasma screen: no visible pixellation, incredibly fluid picture (even on some fast pans), vivid and realistic colours (incl. skin tones), zero banding, false contouring or solarisation, and a pretty good contrast (better blacks than previous gen. Pio, not up to par with Pana but not that far off anymore...).

To tell you the truth, standing only about 6-7ft away from that 50" screen :eek:, after a short while I totally forgot that what I was staring at was no giant CRT, but a digital flat screen - thanx to a total lack of the usual artefacts! And that for me is the biggest compliment to be had for a plasma screen. :thumbsup:

So I guess what I'm saying is: go check the Pio 505HDE before making any decision. If properly set-up I'm sure it will blow your mind too... ;)