Money in their old age?

mjn

Distinguished Member
So....what are people doing for cash, once they retire?

Property?
State pension?
Private pension?
Income Bonds?
Land?
Nothing?
Company pension?
Already a millionaire?

A combination of the above?

What are peoples plans?

mad_matt

Novice Member
well seeing as I'm being taxed to death my retirement plans are very simple.............................

Get even, die in debt!

Stand up all of you who voted for this lot, shame on you!

grey fox

Novice Member
If I have children I will be blackmailing them into supporting me in my old age with the threat of revealing their embarassing childhood secrets.:devil:

djjimbob

Inheritance and wife's NHS pension.

Easy life for me.

DJT75

Distinguished Member
So....what are people doing for cash, once they retire?

Property?
State pension?
Private pension?
Income Bonds?
Land?
Nothing?
Company pension?
Already a millionaire?

A combination of the above?

What are peoples plans?
I have a nice Herts property increasing by the day in value which is useless unless I move far away, standard state pension (if it still exists) & a company/private pension that will be worth peanuts when I retire. So not a lot I doubt. Can't afford to save for the future unless hugely sacrificing myself now so what's the point? Why have loads of cash when you're too old to enjoy it? I'm afraid I'm gonna worry about my old age when I reach it - like most of my generation me thinks...

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
Savings mainly. I want to be sufficiently liquid.

Company pension
Property (although I'd prefer to just eventually buy outright a property I want to live in rather than rely on it making me money).

mrtbag

Novice Member
My wife and I are preparing for old age with:
No Savings of note (£1500!).
State & Company Pensions
2 Properties in UK.
We buy and sell Property in Spain. (See signature for latest purchase. Paid £34,000, need to spend £20,000, will sell for £150,000).

mjn

Distinguished Member
Bit of a mixed bag so far.

I have personal pension, savings and Income Bonds at the moment. Still deciding whether to opt back into SERPS (S2P) at the moment.

BrianC

Novice Member
Mostly company pension, I've had one since I left Uni and I've been putting in 10% to 16% (depending on the limits of where I have worked over the year). Should have enough to retire in my early fifties (hopefully after the kids have finished Uni), depending on stock market performance in the final 4 or 5 years.

I have some cash put by in an ISA (or whatever they are called at the moment) but I'm expecting to spend most of this when the kids go to uni (in about 13 years time :devil:).

I'm also planning on selling the house when I do retire then spending half on a small flat and the other half on as big a boat as I can get for the money. I plan on spending as much time as possible on the boat while I can.

mjn

Distinguished Member

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I have no pension and no savings so will probably just shoot myself when I reach 60 :)

tomson

private pension, property (1 in uk, 1 overseas), savings and a fairly impressive collection of small change.

booyaka

personal pension, investments, ISA

and a great big equity release from any property that i own when i retire!!! might as well make use of the capital in the property!!!:D :D

overkill

Distinguished Member
Sod all. Private pensions not worth a fig and is currently frozen as I don't earn enough to contribute. Have a CS pension, but not enough years in (eight) to make it worthwhile.

So, looks like I'm working until I die then. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom