Fly (i.d welcome?)

Focus stack of 2 images
ISO100, f/9, 1/250s, 65mm, 2:1 mag.

Ladybug

ISO100, f/8, 1/250s, 65mm, 3:1 mag.

Hoverfly

ISO100, f/10, 1/250s, 65mm, 1.5:1 mag.

Brilliant shots :clap::clap:

Looks like you've got this macro thing sussed. Very nice shots, though I find the background a bit distracting compared to those you've done where the beasties are on the edge of a leaf or suchlike. Perhaps if you could ask them to move into a better location next time :smashin:.

Dave, just been browsing your Flickr and your captures are most impressive viewed full screen using Piclens on a 22” monitor!

Great detail in those shots,the ladybug pic is the best imho.

Well done again, we have some really good bug shooters on this forum now. It's not really my thing but the detail and clarity at such close quarters is stunning.

Fantastic images, #1 and #3 for me :)

That lens is a good reason to switch to Canon IMO :) although a lens alone doesn't take great shots like this :D

Thanks for the kind comments folks - am really enjoying the bug shooting these days! :)
If only I had a garden of my own! :rolleyes:

Here's a large!:eek: 2-shot stack of the ladybug at 4x magnification.

It's far from perfect, you can clearly see gaps on the focus - perhaps 5-6 shots would render the full beastie sharp. I also forgot to crop out the edges which get mangled by combinezm.

ISO100, f/7.1, 1/250s, 65mm, 4:1 Magnification

Stunning shots Dave..................You really have this down to a tee bud...............Stunning. Maybe you should try and sell a few to National Geographic mag or Fotolia.com...............sure they would be taken FAST!

Rock on Dave.......:smashin:

icemanonline

fantastic shots, i wanna be able to take macro shots like that but being a nikon user... :rolleyes:

If you get yourself a short macro, say 50mm and a set of extension tubes (again, 50mm of extension) you'll get 2:1 mag (I think).

But yes, it's not x4 mag or close :(

You can also get macro bellows, but I've not seen them for sale for ages and when I did they were very expensive. Probably cheaper to buy a 450D and the Canon 65mm macro.

159, can you use extension tubes with the Canon 65mm? (sorry, can't remember the model no. of the macro)

If you get yourself a short macro, say 50mm and a set of extension tubes (again, 50mm of extension) you'll get 2:1 mag (I think).

But yes, it's not x4 mag or close :(

You can also get macro bellows, but I've not seen them for sale for ages and when I did they were very expensive. Probably cheaper to buy a 450D and the Canon 65mm macro.

159, can you use extension tubes with the Canon 65mm? (sorry, can't remember the model no. of the macro)

You'll get just over 1:1 with a normal 50mm (nifty fifty) lens and a full set of Extension Tubes.
I don't imagine any 'macro' lenses of that length even give 1:1. Perhaps more like 0.75:1.

Yep sure - Tubes, Converters - all work fine with the MP-E 65mm :)
I've seen some amazing shots at 10x magnification using those simple add-ons.

iv got a tamron 90mm, just arrived yesterday but not had chance to play with it cause i had a 12 hour shift yesterday and the weather is just crap today. :mad:

why is it when your working its gloriously sunny but as soon as your off its miserable?!

anyhoo, hopefully have some macro attempts up in the next few days but seeing the work in here is daunting.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom