Monday 3rd August (onwards) 9PM ---> Private Matches Only

I added you mate, without the AV bit hope you didn't delete :smashin:

Am not on the PS3 at the moment, but looking through the playstation.com PSN website at my list can see you there as pending so will add you as soon as I boot up. :smashin:

afternoon guys,sounds like you all had a blast,ive been on gta for the last few nights and really enjoying it,grid has turned up aswell so ive got some races to have with hanks.

will more than likely get on cod tonight at some point.

hows the job going rob.

Think you will have quite a few new invites D.J when you log on as you're in the front list of people for everyone to invite.

oh joy. I have been away for 2 weeks as well. I logged on for a bit on sunday and there was a couple and i deleted them coz there was no subject :rolleyes:

oh joy. I have been away for 2 weeks as well. I logged on for a bit on sunday and there was a couple and i deleted them coz there was no subject :rolleyes:

I think one of them was mine dj. I have resent as your hosting connection, along with robs is superb.

Great games last night even though the more i play the worst i get, just going backwards (feel like benjamin button). Still if it keeps up i will be able to weigh myself in with all this lead;). Its great organised games have got loads interested makes COD a lot better to enjoy rather than playing with random nuggets.:smashin:

I think one of them was mine dj. I have resent as your hosting connection, along with robs is superb.

I had sent one too, but would not be offended if you deleted as you sound a bit sick of getting the invites.

Which I fully appreciate how that feels like. To clarify for me I don't mind at all getting invites from AVforummers or friends of friends on my list already.

But I get totally sick of the invites from people that you meet in games and you don't even know who they are and they don't bother to say anything in the invite.

Sounds as if you guys had a blast last night - Can't wait to get into the action myself - going to have to wait until wednesday i think - may get an hour in tonight (although this would mean playing on my 32" screen rather than my 92" :mad:) - WHO's idea was it to get married - i don't know :rotfl:

Time for a divorce on the grounds of not being allowed to play on PS3 because she wants to spend time together i thinks :laugh: (only kidding honey)

How does this work - so used to Socom FTB2 on psp - where you can easily find and join the games your friends or clan are in - do you set up a party list and then game from there - or is it more of a case of when you login to COD you wait for an invite from one of the AVForum crew to join the game that has been setup (hoping they have noticed your now online) - can randoms join the game via the auto search - can you vote players out??? sorry for all the questions - both cod, killzone and even socom seem to be far less intuitive or don't allow for easy search of friends online and easy ways of joining the game they are in .... could be me missing something?

Anyhow just going to note all the psn names and check who i already have and add the others.

KINGROBTHEFIRST - i expect your buzy or just not had time yet but just a request to add me to the list on the first post - taken me 15mins to check each page to try to add everyone (sorry if i miss you out - feel free to add me if i do)

(got your invite last night BTW)

KINGROBTHEFIRST - i expect your buzy or just not had time yet but just a request to add me to the list on the first post - taken me 15mins to check each page to try to add everyone (sorry if i miss you out - feel free to add me if i do)
Sorry mate, started a new job yesterday so been tied up with that. I'll update the list now.

Chris - Jobs a bit out of my depth at the moment, and the atmosphere isnt what im use too. Japanese have a different working culture to us.

KINGROBTHEFIRST- please can you add me to the list mate:lease: , i got your request last night and a few others but it would still be nice to be added:D

i see my sons psn (oW3nMiTcH3LL) has been added but could you add my 2 ?????

jeffod

jeffod1

cheers:thumbsup:

p.s. will be on tonight lads around 9, same as last night will do me nicely:D mics at the ready........

KINGROBTHEFIRST- please can you add me to the list mate:lease: , i got your request last night and a few others but it would still be nice to be added:D

i see my sons psn (oW3nMiTcH3LL) has been added but could you add my 2 ?????

jeffod

jeffod1

cheers:thumbsup:

p.s. will be on tonight lads around 9, same as last night will do me nicely:D mics at the ready........

Got a few invites from your lad today, but could not seem to get connected. Will try again tomorrow:smashin:

Sorry mate, started a new job yesterday so been tied up with that. I'll update the list now.

No worries mate

Jobs a bit out of my depth at the moment, and the atmosphere isnt what im use too. Japanese have a different working culture to us.

Well - good luck in your new job - hope you enjoy it. No tips from the japanese gamers mind :D - there always is someone who might have just as well programed the dam game LOL

could you add my 2 ?????
jeffod & jeffod1

Now thats just Greedy!! Why do you have 2?? BTW - i tried adding you before when you added your psn to the "Is there an AVF Clan?? Level 40 newbie(ish) looking for clan...." thread - message saying not found?

Just checked - deffo the same psn name - unless it has been corrected in the meantime.

Last edited:
Had a great time last night even though I wasn't on very long. Even though I was one of the worst players, it was very enjoyable getting beat off players that weren't CHEATING! I only started playing COD4 online on Sunday night so I promise I'll do better once I learn the maps!!

Why is it though that you can't earn XP and rank up in private matches? With me only starting to play COD4 online on Sunday night I'm only at Level 9 and want to rank up!!

Thanks for the couple of adds last night - if anyone else wants to add me my PSN is 'Craig8718' (Just pop AVF in the message please).

I'll try and get on again later tonight or if not, I'll definitely be online tomorrow night.

P.S, KINGROBTHEFIRST - I like the comment next to your name on the XMB - "COD4 goes private!"

Now thats just Greedy!! Why do you have 2?? BTW - i tried adding you before when you added your psn to the "Is there an AVF Clan?? Level 40 newbie(ish) looking for clan...." thread - message saying not found?

Just checked - deffo the same psn name - unless it has been corrected in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

actually we have 3 :rotfl::rotfl:

i actually use jeffod more as its in the bedroom and jeffod1 is in the lounge which is reserved for weekend late nights/early mornings:D

i'll be on tonight so will send an 'add'to you matey:thumbsup:

Got a few invites from your lad today, but could not seem to get connected. Will try again tomorrow:smashin:

thanks mate , he's even got AVF as his clan tag ! thats the dad influence even though he does have an interest in 'big' tv's!!!

i'll add you tonight mate if you dont mind ????

Good fun again tonight guys - did you's enjoy using the Level 9 noob as target practice? :D I really need to learn these maps quickly or I'll become the whipping boy!

Loved the 9 lives Free for All at the end - everyone running round like headless chickens for a couple of minutes then realising they're running low on lives and camping round corners! Good times.

Same again tomorrow? :)

P.S - I've added a few people who were on tonight who were also on the list on Page 1 of this thread.

Is there room for one more :D

Like most of you guys, I'm sick of the hackers who have ruined COD4 - am ranked up to top so not bothered about points so private matches seem the right move until a patch is released.

If I'm accepted I can be on most nights for an hour or two.

Cheers

ps - my psn gamer tag is Tazbot

I really need to learn these maps quickly or I'll become the whipping boy!

Your not the only one :D

Is there room for one more :D

Like most of you guys, I'm sick of the hackers who have ruined COD4 - am ranked up to top so not bothered about points so private matches

NO Not another COD4 Newbie basher :rotfl::rotfl:

I'll add you tonight.:)

Good fun last night :thumbsup: - even though i only caught the last 15 minutes before everyone left :(. That Free for All - i had no idea what was going on until about half way through - ended up being killed about 45 times and killed about 8 :blush: Oh well never mind!!

Now just to cheer you all up if your bored, having a bad day or just want to laugh at me. After most of you left, Jeffod, mickymoo72 and myself stuck around and joined some open games - i was complaining that my connection must be playing up as no game sound - mic worked though - Well this carried on for a few games UNTIL??? yep you guessed it - i had only muted the TV hadn't I - What a Ponker!!!

Last edited:
Now just to cheer you all up if your bored, having a bad day or just want to laugh at me. After most of you left, Jeffod, mickymoo72 and myself stuck around and joined some open games - i was complaining that my connection must be playing up as no game sound - mic worked though - Well this carried on for a few games UNTIL??? yep you guessed it - i had only muted the TV hadn't I - What a Ponker!!!

you'll fit in well ;)

God I was rubbish last night. Started off okayish and descended in to total crap.
I had to leave to have a lie down and question my reason for existing and my pre-order of MW2!

I think I'm over it now and ready for action, thats if anyone is still up for it now the glitchers seem to have been sorted?

God I was rubbish last night. Started off okayish and descended in to total crap.
I had to leave to have a lie down and question my reason for existing and my pre-order of MW2!

Its ok as none of it affects you K:D ratio.

Also you need to remember that about 99% of those playing were absolutely superb at the game.

Doing ok in these private matches means you could take on an army in the public matches.

You just need to chose the right guns/perks per match and also learn the layout of the map.

The above is critical for S&D, as you need to know where the enemy spawns from, the likelest route they will take to the two operations, which operation they are most likely to go to. And know a quicker way for you to get to that likely operation than what they will take, or even just a good heavily protected spot to kill them on route.

The only way to know all this is to keep playing S&D over and over until it clicks, but with public this means you die too much, so private is good as you can both have your K:D remain, and watch some good people play on you spectator cam if you do.

Have not managed to get online yet for theses games and now its fixed they prob wont be happening, sounds like its been a laugh though

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom