monaural amplifiers?????????

P

paphigliano

Hey all,,,newbie here,,,I inherited an older Pioneer VSX-5300,,,and need a monaural amplifier betweejn the reciever and the center speaker. What is a monaural amp and where would I get one. Do the powered subs have monaural amps or is that something completly diffrent??, :lease: help,,,any info greatly appreciated.:hiya:

paphigliano said:
Hey all,,,newbie here,,,I inherited an older Pioneer VSX-5300,,,and need a monaural amplifier betweejn the reciever and the center speaker. What is a monaural amp and where would I get one. Do the powered subs have monaural amps or is that something completly diffrent??, :lease: help,,,any info greatly appreciated.:hiya:
Mono means single-channel and I believe you can only get them as power amps (typically those have no volume control). Subwoofer have monaural amps, that's correct, but often they come in a "block" with adjustments for frequency, phase and gain.

If you can't find a mono amp just get a stereo-amp and leave one channel unused, or bi-amp (if the speakers allow).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom