Monastery

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
A lot of the photos that I took last month at Devenish Island came out underexposed that day because of the poor light and probably my lack of expertise. Here I've used Elements 5 to lighten the foreground. I've also increased the contrast and saturation and cropped them a bit.

#1 Celtic Cross

#2 Round Tower

#3 Ruins

C&C welcome.

Coolhand

The foregrounds are a bit dull on the last two IMO, the subject just seems far away for no good reason. Maybe you could have got in closer to the subject and worked the angles a bit more?

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
The foregrounds are a bit dull on the last two IMO, the subject just seems far away for no good reason. Maybe you could have got in closer to the subject and worked the angles a bit more?

Thank you for the constructive criticism - Points taken. :lesson:

Tobers

Yep - I'd echo that I'm afraid. I'm quite interested in the building but I need my binoculars out :). One far off shot is OK if there are a few closer in shots following it in a series.

Otherwise, looks like you've got the processing sorted.

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
Yep - I'd echo that I'm afraid. I'm quite interested in the building but I need my binoculars out :). One far off shot is OK if there are a few closer in shots following it in a series.

Otherwise, looks like you've got the processing sorted.

Cheers, Tobers. Regarding the 2nd shot, I sort of liked how small it made the steps look in comparison to the tower. That was my idea behind the shot anyway. :)

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
A closer and more interesting shot, I hope. Cropped slightly and foreground lightened. Also slight contrast and saturation applied.

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
And one more. This photo was quite heavily cropped. Foreground lightened and contrast and saturation upped a little.

P.S. I've noticed now that the previous close up of the tower is perhaps still a bit on the dark side... :oops:

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom