Monaco F1 on ITVHD this weekend ?

JH4

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I would be very interested if anyone who gets Freesat ITVHD can post if they see the Monaco GP in HD this weekend.
I'll be very jealous as well !

I would be very interested if anyone who gets Freesat ITVHD can post if they see the Monaco GP in HD this weekend.
They won't - but it might look better if it is in upscaled SD.

F1 is experimenting with an HD feed - but it isn't available to any broadcaster yet. The BBC, when asked about HD for next year, have said that they would like to do it - but would need the HD feed to become available!

hopefully it will be a
red red green green blue again for itv hd

Shame it won't be in HD. It promises to be a dramatic race this time - with no traction control and a wet race forecast. I predict it could be carnage down there in the South of France, if it pours down. They are getting the same low pressure system as we will get soon in the UK. We'll see if Lewis is as good as Senna was in the wet..!

I thought the german broadcaster premiere had it in hd.

You cannot read then??

The F1 HD feed is not available to ANY broadcaster.

F1 in Cinema feed is HD and FTA on Atlantic Bird 1. Upscaled 720p as far as I'm aware, and 5.1, used to feed Odeon and other cinemas with F1 races.

So not entirely accurate Brian.

F1 in Cinema feed is HD and FTA on Atlantic Bird 1. Upscaled 720p as far as I'm aware, and 5.1, used to feed Odeon and other cinemas with F1 races.

So not entirely accurate Brian.
It is upscaled SD - which I would not count as HD:thumbsdow

There is a true HD feed made - but it does not go out of the FOM compound this season!

Where are these cinemas showing F1 in HD and 5.1 sound - not in London AFAIK!?

How do I get access to Atlantic Bird 1?

So, just to clarify - they are filming the GP with HD cameras, but it's not sold to the TV companies in this format. Is this correct ?
What a waste, if this is true.

Ok so if I pay £12.50 I can see the F1 in HD in an Odeon and it has clearly going on for this season.

Has any one seen these - do you get the usual ITV pictures or do you get more eg. access into other areas etc. I notice when watching F1 there are a lot of broadcast cameras (held by guys with F1 logos on their jackets) knocking around which I never see any of the output from. Also do you get a different commentary or is it the same commentary with James and Martin etc.

Ta.

I remember last yr, certain cinemas showed the F1 races (can't remember if it was Odeon) but they were showing Sky's broadcast and therefore had John Watson and Jonathan Palmer(?) doing the commentaries.

I was waiting for the PVR before i bought freesat, but if the F1 picture is a major improvement over ITV on a sky+ box connected through scart i'd consider buying one tommorow.

Did anyone watch qualifying today on a freesat HD box? If so can you give some feedback on the picture? Thanks

I was waiting for the PVR before i bought freesat, but if the F1 picture is a major improvement over ITV on a sky+ box connected through scart i'd consider buying one tommorow.
It will be exactly the same picture. Also note that, with a Freesat STB, ITVHD is only available when the broadcaster allows it (via the "red button")
Did anyone watch qualifying today on a freesat HD box? If so can you give some feedback on the picture? Thanks
From the DS Forums - ITVHD did not show qualifying (even upscaled) - so the picture was as Sky otherwise.

So, just to clarify - they are filming the GP with HD cameras, but it's not sold to the TV companies in this format. Is this correct ?
This is what people say! The BBC have been asked about F1HD for next season - they have said that they would like to but that may need other broadcasters to be interested - and for an HD feed to be made available!

Ok so if I pay £12.50 I can see the F1 in HD in an Odeon and it has clearly going on for this season.

Has any one seen these - do you get the usual ITV pictures or do you get more eg. access into other areas etc. I notice when watching F1 there are a lot of broadcast cameras (held by guys with F1 logos on their jackets) knocking around which I never see any of the output from. Also do you get a different commentary or is it the same commentary with James and Martin etc.

Ta.

It is not the same feed as you see on ITV, and the commentators are different, I didn't recognise either voice...

Have a look at the F1 Cinema website, maybe more there.

Todays feed up and testing

Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix in HD

Intelsat 10-02 & Thor 2/3 (1.0°W)
11531 V 13244 Id: F1inCinema
MPEG-2 4:2:0 720p DD5.1 18Mbps
Upscaled World Feed For UK Cinemas

video bitrate is 17Mbps

Viewing and stream captured with my Dreambox DM800

Attachments

• PDVD_000.JPG
    PDVD_000.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 501
Todays feed up and testing

Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix in HD

Intelsat 10-02 & Thor 2/3 (1.0°W)
11531 V 13244 Id: F1inCinema
MPEG-2 4:2:0 720p DD5.1 18Mbps
Upscaled World Feed For UK Cinemas

video bitrate is 17Mbps

Viewing and stream captured with my Dreambox DM800

would i beable to get it on my humax hd box on 28.2e

More Gherkin anybody? :rolleyes:

Gae

Watching the F1 now and is it ironic that at the start of the ads breaks it says "Sony tests high definition to the limit" or something along those lines.
Okay it probably has that on every F1 race but given this topic it made me smile.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom