Momitsu V880

desibeo

Established Member
Reaction score
This player arrived today. It's great but I'm in 2 minds about what to do with it.

First of all I'm having problems with all PAL discs on it so far (via DVI). There are options for it to output NTSC or PAL but there doesn't seem to be an 'auto output' option -Am I supposed to manually select PAL each time in order to avoid jerks & judders? -Actually I haven't checked if this makes a difference to the judders yet -most of my stuff is R1.

Also I'm not so confident even if I stick just with Region1. For example The Two Towers Disc1 refused to load in the machine even though it's Region1. Nothing happened when I put it in -screen was blank.

TTT Disc 2 loaded fine and the picture on this via dvi was absolutely *amazing*. If I could be sure of getting that quality all the time I'd be well-pleased (well obviously not all discs are encoded so well, but at least if I could be sure I wasn't getting freezes and judders...)

According to this site... http://www.manowa.com.tw/dvdplayer880FWDL.html there is a new firmware for players in my serial number range coming soon. I've updated to the previous firmware and it has made improvements, but still there is a ways to go.

I'm not sure if I should keep it and pray the firmware is fixed at some stage (its disgracefully inadequate as it is) or should I send it back to hivizone straight away for a refund?

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions gratefully accepted.

-Kevin.

Alright Des.

Just to put it on the record, I have a Yamakawa 365 DivX model and it also doesn't have this auto change video feature. I've contacted Yamakawa support and they say it's possible to implement it in a future firmware upgrade. I checked some pics of the Momitsu and the display on it looks the same as the Yamakawa 365.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom