1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Momitsu DVI capable DVD Player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Easy2BCheesy, Sep 1, 2003.

1. Easy2BCheesy

Easy2BCheesy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I'm quite keen on getting one of these players (or one of its rebadged versions) to fiddle about with connected to my Pioneer 433MXE plasma.

Does any one know where I can get one, preferably from a UK source? Or maybe you have one for sale? Or should I just bite the bullet and get onto the hivizone.com waiting list?

Advice please! :smashin:

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,696
    You are aware that there is currently an issue with the Momitsu connected to the Pioneer 433MXE in that the bottom inch or so of video is distorted. This is only an issue when watching full screen material as with widescreen stuff with borders the problem area is in the black border so it doesn't matter. Personally as 90%+ of the stuff I watch falls into the latter category it doesn't bother me too much. Also a firmware update looks promising to sort the problem out in the near future but it's not definite.
    Don't think there is a UK source, believe there's one in Germany but can't remember what the url is at the moment. Personally I'd wait a little while and see if the firmware gets sorted out for the Pioneer display.

Cheers,
    Andy.

3. Easy2BCheesy

Easy2BCheesy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting - any other similarly priced DVI equipped players out there yet, aside from the Bravo, which won't run R2 discs?

4. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,696
    Not that's worth considering to be honest, bit of a minefield at the moment. Like I say, probably worth sitting on the fence a little while and seeing what happens. Read the Momitsu thread for updates as I'll update that with any news re firmware etc.

Cheers,
    Andy.

5. Easy2BCheesy

Easy2BCheesy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd still be quite keen to get a hold of one of these players a bit more locally than Hong Kong if any one has one they'd like to shift :)

6. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I was speaking to these people last week, and they had stock.

I was also waiting for HiViZone to ship one for me. It took about two weeks from ordering for them to confirm a delivery date (would have been about three weeks from ordering to receipt). I ended up cancelling the order (no hassle at all) since I was lucky to pick one up from another forum member.

Depending on what you want to do with it, I'd say go for it ! I only use the 480p output, which works fine. And I haven't experienced any problems with playing various discs. And, of course, the PQ is exceptional (even more apparent since I got my 963SA back from Philips - the Momitsu trounces it :cool: )

Cheers, Carl.

7. mark raeburn

mark raeburn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Ho is the quality through progressive component outputs rather than DVI, does it still trounce the Philips?

Thanks

Mark

8. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Hi Mark,

Not sure about the Momitsu's component output. General comments I've seen indicate that it's not as good as the DVI out, but I haven't tried it out myself.

I'll give it a go later in comparison to the 963SA and let you know what I find.

Cheers, Carl.