1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Momitsu DVD-V880N

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Pikeface, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Pikeface

Pikeface

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone seen any reviews of this HD DVD, it looks to good to be true. I am really tempted, I was thinking of Samsung 850/950. Any views on the best option

2. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Search is your friend. I've just got a Momitsu v880n yesterday, and early impressions are it's very good, if a little lacking on the design side of things.

3. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have had one for about 5 months or so.

Player is very good image wise but has a couple of issue, or at least ones that have affected me.

1. Problems playing R1 (canadian) of Blade Trinity, Extreme - keeps saying no disk in player, when disk plays fine in a cheap Bush player.

2. Incompatable with Linksys WAP54G device for media streaming (issue got around by using a switch to connect WAP54G and v880N together.

Image quality at 720p is brilliant, better than i expected.

The ability to stream media from internet, or using MMC software from a Pc server is great and works very well (although network link needs to be 100Mb to get the best out of it)

Gary

4. Pikeface

Pikeface

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a panasonic TH42Pv500 Dh TV with HDMI conector will the 880 lose any quality by conecting via the DVi to HDMI ?

5. Pikeface

Pikeface

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ooops HD

6. crispybig

crispybig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: