Momitsu BDP-799 Multi-Region Blu Ray player for £67.90

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Todays iBood is the momitsu bdp-799 blu ray player (multi region) for just £67.90 inc. For those not used to iBood they have one product for sale per 24hrs. Used them before and are trustworthy, post can be a little slow.

iBOOD.com - Internet's Best Online Offer Daily!

Wasn't there an issue with Momitsu's multi-region workaround being deactivated in more recent firmware releases? with owners having to source prior versions to (re)enable m-r functions.

Wasn't there an issue with Momitsu's multi-region workaround being deactivated in more recent firmware releases? with owners having to source prior versions to (re)enable m-r functions.

Yes, so from the ad I assume these are on original firmware.

Mine arrived yesterday and i cant fault it. Just stuck Blade2 (US) in it then Transformers2 (UK) and its as good if not better than my PS3 for BR playback, plus this little player does DTS Master and Dolby via Bitstream HD which my PS3 doesnt.

for 60quid....it was a steal :)

Had this for over a week and ive been running through films just to try them and so far no problems, the player is on firmware 2.0 and it seems to be working fine on everything ive thrown at it including the unrated Expendables disk which is brand new....

fingers crossed it continues to perform :)

Glad to hear it's working out for people. Seems like quite the bargain, sad I missed that one.

They will get it again, most stuff comes and goes, EG Ive seen the Harmony remotes on there more than once now :)

I'll have to keep an eye out as my Region A player seems like it is on the way out.

Do you need to do a code on this to change regions or is it just automatic?

turn the machine on, open tray, tap in a 6 digit code on remote and thats it.

Cheers. That is rather cool.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom