Momentum's policies (as voted for by it's members)

tenofspades

Suspended
EyZKj0xXIAkIh26

It's tragic that £15 min wage is first as that seems the most controversial and more likely for people to scoff at this Momentum group.
But PR- yes. Global climate justice and green jobs revolution is so generic and attention-grabbing a statement without specifics. 4 day week is good.

This is quite useful as Labour will likely pay a strong amount of attention to it. (Rightly or wrongly)

psikey

Distinguished Member
Up where I live £15/hr would be a fortune! Or is that just £15 total :rotfl:

Seem OK aims over a long time.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Another pie in the sky list. I'm surprised as it is Momentum that number 9 wasn't bring back our lord and saviour Corbyn.

£15 minimum wage and 4 day week, are they having a laugh?
That is an aim from someone who has absolutely no knowledge of business and employment.

rustybin

Distinguished Member
Another pie in the sky list. I'm surprised as it is Momentum that number 9 wasn't bring back our lord and saviour Corbyn.

That is an aim from someone who has absolutely no knowledge of business and employment.
The government has facilitated a well paid 0 day week for some sectors for the best part of a year, so anything is possible!

RichmondBlue

The Swiss won’t get out of bed for less than £19 an hour. But I expect that’s the price of a pint in Geneva.

VastGirth

I agree with all of those but I would have only have put 2 and 7 as key policies. The rest will either take many years to accomplish, are a bit too vague or are a bit too easy to be picked apart by the right wing press.

sebbykin

Distinguished Member
Ah Momentum...Best idea the Tories ever had.

Never Enough

Standard Member
Wheres the bit about who pays for it?
Treating the electorate like grasping infants.

The official answer to that is usually the top 1/5/10 (insert random percentile here) %. Then support it by a wildly optimistic laughable costing document which will be ripped to shreds by the IFS or someone. Then accuse that someone of being a Tory lapdog. Repeat and expect different result. What did Einstein say about that?

VastGirth

The official answer to that is usually the top 1/5/10 (insert random percentile here) %. Then support it by a wildly optimistic laughable costing document which will be ripped to shreds by the IFS or someone. Then accuse that someone of being a Tory lapdog. Repeat and expect different result. What did Einstein say about that?

At least Labour/Momentum actually produce costing documents...

HearMeRaw

Don't worry, once Labour lose Hartlepool and the Corbynistas are fist pumping the air with glee there will no doubt be a rallying call for his return on Twitter.

VastGirth

We need them with believable numbers, not Labour maths.

Debatable figures are better than no figures at all.

Conceived overpromising certainly cost Labour votes at the last election. The way I looked at it was even if they only achieve 1/3rd of what the promised they country would be a far better place, but the majority clearly did not see it that way.

VastGirth

Don't worry, once Labour lose Hartlepool and the Corbynistas are fist pumping the air with glee there will no doubt be a rallying call for his return on Twitter.

No true left winger would ever celebrate a Tory win. If Keir's strategy meant he was winning then even the left of the party would (somewhat begrudgingly given his behaviour) get behind him. He is not winning though.

psikey

Distinguished Member
No true left winger would ever celebrate a Tory win. If Keir's strategy meant he was winning then even the left of the party would (somewhat begrudgingly given his behaviour) get behind him. He is not winning though.
He's not winning because one man hasn't cleared out the far left wing and Boris is doing has he said he would for now.

psikey

Distinguished Member
Why don't you believe in poorer people have a home?
I don't believe people should live free off the backs of those that work, unless they have genuine medical reasons they can't. We do need more social housing at realistic rentals though.

PS, I also don't feel anyone needs to earn more the £100K/year but that's never going to stop :(.

VastGirth

Why don't you believe in poorer people have a home?

I'm a big supporter of Council housing, but what there shouldn't be is tenancy for life. Once you have reached a position in your life where you no longer need subsidised housing, or a house of the size you have, then you should be expected to move on and make way for someone who does.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Bang & Olufsen introduces Beosound Emerge speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches native 4K VPL-VW290ES and VW890ES projectors
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 14th April 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Ruark introduces R5 Signature audio player