Moments to melt your heart

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought about putting this in the irrational pleasure thread in GC but realised that maybe there are moments that only parents will truly get. Plus there is utterly nothing irrational about it, these kids get on our nerves, drive us nuts but once in a while they do something truly amazing, something that makes your world light up, and I had that moment tonight

My daughter is six, I love her without question but we had a moment tonight that had me in tears. Said to the wife I’ve not had this since the day she was born, it was that emotional.

Which is why it’s here for parents that will understand

Me and daughter always had a thing years ago, we used to sing the first verse of “a whole new world” from Aladdin, It’s been about two years since we did it (I love that song by the way)

Tonight just before bed, she asks if we can sing it. Ok I thought, been a while, she wants to do the Jasmin part and I do Aladdin

Well!!! We get the video on YouTube to do it, and she nails every part by Jasmin as i cover Aladdin’s parts. It was like the perfect duet! I had no idea she knew it so well! Half way through and I’m welling up with tears as it’s just the most incredible moment!

Greatest Father’s Day in history!!!!

Last edited:
That is lovely! I had an emotional moment with my daughter earlier. Got home from work after spending 2 hours in traffic and after I got changed she went to the fridge and got me a beer!

My daughter is the same age as yours and also called Freya, they can be little devils can't they.

Thought about putting this in the irrational pleasure thread in GC but realised that maybe there are moments that only parents will truly get. Plus there is utterly nothing irrational about it, these kids get on our nerves, drive us nuts but once in a while they do something truly amazing, something that makes your world light up, and I had that moment tonight

My daughter is six, I love her without question but we had a moment tonight that had me in tears. Said to the wife I’ve not had this since the day she was born, it was that emotional.

Which is why it’s here for parents that will understand

Me and daughter always had a thing years ago, we used to sing the first verse of “a whole new world” from Aladdin, It’s been about two years since we did it (I love that song by the way)

Tonight just before bed, she asks if we can sing it. Ok I thought, been a while, she wants to do the Jasmin part and I do Aladdin

Well!!! We get the video on YouTube to do it, and she nails every part by Jasmin as i cover Aladdin’s parts. It was like the perfect duet! I had no idea she knew it so well! Half way through and I’m welling up with tears as it’s just the most incredible moment!

Greatest Father’s Day in history!!!!

On Fathers day this year my six year old son made a card for me which had me in tears.

Back story: My dad passed away 20 years ago, well before my son was born. We've got pictures of him around the house and my son often asks questions about grandad etc.. I look almost like a spitting image of my dad, complete with glasses and everything, so come fathers day I was in bed just chatting to the missus about my dad and reminiscing. Our six yr old was in the room listening and then went off saying he was making me a card. He came back a while later and gave it to me. There were two drawings on the front of what looked like the same person (one larger than the other) and then the rest of our family as smaller stick people (bless him!) When I pointed out to him that he had drawn me twice he said, 'no, thats grandad looking after all of us from heaven, I wanted to draw him for you on your fathers day card'! Well what could I do apart from give him a big cuddle and have a little cry!!

On Fathers day this year my six year old son made a card for me which had me in tears.

Back story: My dad passed away 20 years ago, well before my son was born. We've got pictures of him around the house and my son often asks questions about grandad etc.. I look almost like a spitting image of my dad, complete with glasses and everything, so come fathers day I was in bed just chatting to the missus about my dad and reminiscing. Our six yr old was in the room listening and then went off saying he was making me a card. He came back a while later and gave it to me. There were two drawings on the front of what looked like the same person (one larger than the other) and then the rest of our family as smaller stick people (bless him!) When I pointed out to him that he had drawn me twice he said, 'no, thats grandad looking after all of us from heaven, I wanted to draw him for you on your fathers day card'! Well what could I do apart from give him a big cuddle and have a little cry!!

Thats lovely, shed a tear myself. I love it when my daughter goes off and draws us little cards, etc

Sadly we lost our cat to a car accident Saturday. To distract the children whilst I brought him in and dug out an area, my girls (5 of them) wanted to decorate a box for our cat Loki to be buried in.

Whilst colouring in, my 6 year old changes to a luminous yellow highlighter. When asked why, she stated 'I want Loki to be able to see in the dark'. I've already been an emotional wreck since it happened but it was so nice to hear her concern for Loki.

Tucking my son in last year when he was six.
Having a cuddle.
"Daddy.....are you going to die before me coz you're old?"

Not for a long time yet son

"Can you put a picture of you and mummy next to my bed then, so that when you are dead I can look at it to remember you?
:(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom