1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Momentary flicker between scenes

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MikeFish, Nov 21, 2004.

1. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    When watching DVDs on my plasma I get a momentary flicker between scenes. I tried plugging the DVD straight into the plasma (bypassing the amp) and using different cables but it made no difference.
    It then occured to me to switch off the progressive output. Switching into interlaced mode and the problem goes away.
    Anybody have any idea what the problem could be?

2. PhilB1234

PhilB1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I sometimes notice it and wonder whether it is poor editing/mastering, where the frame repition sequences aren't matched between different scenes. This may mean the de-interlacer has to restart it's frame count.... Although, the de-interlacer in your display doesn't appear troubled when fed an interlaced version.....
    Anyone else got any ideas?

3. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You noticed it too? If it is poor mastering/edititng at least I'll know it not a fault with my gear/ste-up.
    When I get the chance i will run a component cable to my projector & see if the same happens (using s-video at the moment. At least then I will know if it's the DVD player or the plasma.