Moment of madness? Hope not on Z1

P

Pete Delaney

Saw the Nexnix Z1 deal and went for it.:rolleyes: Basically £700 for new Z1 and a dvd/video combi thrown in. Full pixel check was £40 so I let them keep the dvd/vid in exchange for the check. I didn't need a cheapo combi player and would have sold it anyway.;) Also got an 82" manual pulldown to boot. Well I will be viewing from in excess of 1.5 ratio and as I will be 'table' mounting the PJ the lens shift should come in handy!!
I was going to try and get a good deal on an ae 500 but that didn't materialise (It would have really stretched the bank account).....hopefully I won't regret it.:blush:

Now that I've finally done it.........I can't wait to play.:smoke:

Who did you speak to? When I emailed them yesterday they would't do a pixel check.

Cheers

Ricky

Aaaaaargh,
Just read an old thread by BeeCee who sold the DVD/Vid combi for £100. I have just done myself out of further savings, I assumed if it was free it must be el-cheapo. Oh boy, what a:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:

Sorry for double post but I thought people should know the potential value of the dvd/vid unit.:smoke:

the DVD/vcr is valued at £150ish.....

as for the dead pixel check. not really worth it as it only insures it left the suppliers without any dead pixels, as they can appear anytime (including transit!!!, so i'm told). mines arrived with 100% pixels intact. (no pixel check) and in this day and age dead pixels are very rare, as i also have one of the first 15" lcd computer monitors and it has no dead pixels (allmost 2 years old)

anyway welcome to the Z1 club, i'm still impressed with every viewing, and have partialy set it up with avia, just waiting for colour filters so i can fully set it up.

Steve :smashin:

Cheers Steve,
The lady at Nexnix told me that the vast majority of pixels that are duff are due to the manufacturing process, so a pixel check should be worth it. Bye the way I see many z2 owners have dust problems which I did not realise were inherent in the z1. Have you had any snags? Mine will be a top of the table job and will be covered and put away when not in use....

Regards Pete:)

PS What lamp mode do you z1 owners run at, high or low and is fan noise an issue in high mode?

Hi

mines is ceiling mounted, i've not had any dust problems so far but i have dedicated room so not much traffic.

i use the low lamp mode which does reduce the fan noise by a fair bit. i couldn't watch a film in high lamp mode due to the noise.

Steve

Originally posted by Pete Delaney
Mine will be a top of the table job and will be covered and put away when not in use....

This is the best way of getting dust blobs unfortunately. Bolt it to the ceiling and forget about it if you can. I've had mine 14 months now and not a single dead pixel or dust blob...

PS What lamp mode do you z1 owners run at, high or low and is fan noise an issue in high mode?

I use mine in low power mode. It's plenty bright enough and makes considerably less noise.

Regards,

Steve

Cheers Steve,

I'm really looking forwards to getting my new toy now!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sometimes I think we look for perfection, where as I just my first PJ to be a sound and pleasing entertainment investment. Once my 3 year guarantee runs out I have no doubt the upgrade bug will set in.

But for now for £700 I think this will be terrific.:smoke:

I'll start the odds that it won't last for 3 years before being upgraded :)

Yes it will last 3 years, it will definately last 2 years, I have no doubt I will still have it in 1 year. So your wrong, it's clear I will still be going strong with this pj for days to come....
:smoke:

Originally posted by beecee
i also have one of the first 15" lcd computer monitors and it has no dead pixels (allmost 2 years old)

That's good to know but I could swear I have a 15.1" LCD monitor I bought in 1999 (five years ago?). Don't think it was one of the first either ;)

Yep, upgraditis sets in soon after first PJ acquisition. After 6 months I reckon it begins to take hold............

:D

Yes it will last 3 years, it will definately last 2 years, I have no doubt I will still have it in 1 year. So your wrong, it's clear I will still be going strong with this pj for days to come....
:smoke:

ROFLMAO :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom