• Watch our Live Stream podcast now. This week we interview Chris Mullins from Sony Professional about the latest native Sony 4K projectors and we discuss the best Hi-Fi products of the year. Join us and ask the team questions

Molly's Game Blu-ray Review & Comments

Gordon2147

Thanks for the review Cas,

I thoroughly enjoyed this film and have watched 3 times, each time able to appreciate Jessica's performance.

Everyone I have recommeded this to have also enthused about it and her performance

Hope it comes to 4K.

Nick74

Surely Chastain's Oscar nominated (and Golden Globe winning) performance in Zero Dark Thirty counts as a "worthy leading role."

Sorry, I couldn't help but comment when reading the synopsis.

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Surely Chastain's Oscar nominated (and Golden Globe winning) performance in Zero Dark Thirty counts as a "worthy leading role."

Sorry, I couldn't help but comment when reading the synopsis.
I kinda agree (and mentioned it) but I suppose it was a little overshadowed by the story of the movie itself, whereas here it's all eyes on her.

dhts

Kind of a long shot but I've now had three versions of this disc from Cinemaparadiso (though they might have sent the same one twice) and each struggle to play in my Sony bluray player (with latest firmware) - stutters about half way through.

Just curious if anybody else had a problem. I've tried it in the bluray drive of my pc and same problem.

I'd buy a retail copy but suspect I'd struggle getting a refund if it didn't work.

Cherrywood

Kind of a long shot but I've now had three versions of this disc from Cinemaparadiso (though they might have sent the same one twice) and each struggle to play in my Sony bluray player (with latest firmware) - stutters about half way through.

Just curious if anybody else had a problem. I've tried it in the bluray drive of my pc and same problem.

I'd buy a retail copy but suspect I'd struggle getting a refund if it didn't work.
CEX have it for £5 + £1.50 postage - they accept returns also.

simonblue

Distinguished Member

Rental ?,did you try giving the discs a clean :)

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
I watched this tonight on good old Blu-ray, thoroughly enjoyed the film, nice to not need lots of noisy sub action. I must be getting old

Anthonyplace

Standard Member
Wonder if anyone has this problem if I go in the disk setup menu I can’t get out again and have to start again if I press play it’s ok I have tried is Sony UPB X800 and Denon DBT 3313UD

SonOfSJ

I'm watching it now, it started at 10pm on BBC2.

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews
Top Bottom