Molex HDMI->DVI-D cable required.

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by ianh64, Sep 21, 2005.

1. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I am looking for a particular cable Molex part number 88768-3510 (2m HDMI/DVI)

Does anyone where I can source one from, preferably on sale or return?

I have been having an intermittent problem between my HDMI DVD player and DVI display and I have been told by the manufacturers of my display investigating a similar issue with another manufacturers DVD player that in tests this particular cable has been 100% reliable.

I have also just received my first HD source - Sony HDR-HC1 - 1080i via component. Unfortunately the leads supplied with the device are quite short and one end is proprietry. I am looking to make a permanent connection to my AV Amp and connect the HC1 to an easily accesible extension. So I need a 2m ish component+2ch analogue audio with RCA connectors, male at one end, female at the other. A neater alternative would possibly be a breakout box of female RCA's and male RCA flying leads. If that makes sense. Even better if the solution also had a composite lead too but I think I am pushing my luck on that one.

Thanks

Ian

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,117
    Hello ianh64

Request One is pretty simple - use the banner adds :)

Request Two sounds like a custom job for VanDamme.

Best regards

Joe

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Ah, I disable banner ad's - makes my machine too slow with some of the animation.

I have subsequently found a couple of places specifically quoting the molex part number - price ranges from £8 to £20. At £8 I don't think I can be bothered with sale or return.

Thanks

4. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Have you got a link to the £8 Molex cable? Is that for 2m?

I am just about to get hold of a Sagem HD-D45 TV which has a HDCP DVI port and my Pioneer DV-668 only has an HDMI output port.

I have come across another user on these forums who has had problems with handshaking of these two items, and the Pioneer refuses to see the Sagem TV, I'm hoping that I do not experience the same issue.

5. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Yes, the £8 was for 2m from farnell but the price now seems to have gone up a little - I think £10.xx but it is a minimum order of £20 via credit card. I have never ordered from Farnell before although I seem to recall from when I was a kid that you had to be a company or educational establishment - not sure if this is still the case but hopefully I can order through my company when I find a few more things to reach minimum order.

6. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    I bought 3 DVI/HDMI cables to make up the £20 minimum - no problems at all. I think delivery was about 3 days. :smashin:

Steve