mojogoes, Our passionate about subs member, has very, very sadly passed away

Go for it Dodge.

What awful news, he was one of the key voices on AVF. RIP.

I just want to pass on my condolences to Steve's family. I have not been on here recently so had missed this thread. It was a complete shock when I found out last week via a Forum member.

I did have the pleasure of meeting Steve once when he visited for an open day with Gio, and had spoken to him a few times over the last few years. He certainly was a big character on these forums (and off), and one that will be missed, but not forgotten, I am sure.

I haven't been on much recently but this came as a massive shock.

Can't believe it, i'm lost for words. RIP

Shocked to read this news, RIP buddy. Had a really good understanding of AV, especially bass. So much of what he's written on this forum will benefit anyone looking to improve their own knowledge for years to come.......and make them chuckle when they read his obvious attempts at winding people up!

A big loss to the AV Forums community.

For anyone wishing to make a donation/contribution.

All monies received will help pay for the flowers which are being made into the AVForums logo. Any money left will go directly to Lisa, Steve's wife, and their two boys, George and Thomas.

For donations, please contact @giogt600 via PM and he will provide you with the necessary details.

Thanks to Gio for arranging the donations and thanks to Neil for arranging the flowers and the idea for the logo.

Just a little reminder to those that may have missed the post but would like to contribute.

Truly gutted to hear about this, so sad to lose one of the self build family.
Thoughts are with his family.
Echo

I didn't know there was a thread...

Read through all with a smile on my face and tears in my eyes, it is great to see how many people on here respected Steve.

I first met him about an year ago - I had to check as it felt much more than that - and I've been up to his place twice... What can I say, he is the guy who got me started on proper HT, we have been talking on whatsapp or the phone nearly every day since. He would call and say - "Steff, check your pockets, get some cash together, go there and there and buy these speakers or drivers or this or that..." I've never regretted doing what he says. I'd send him photos of my subs' REW graphs and he would message me back advising what do I have to change, or call me up and help me set my miniDSP, he got me started on M&K speakers, projector, and now everything that I have in my lounge says "Stephen" every time I watch TV or listen to music... Can't even describe the amount of HT knowledge he's passed on to me! I could go on and on about Steve, he was a Friend!

I will try my best to attend the funeral and pay my respects, if anyone from London is thinking of doing so too, pm me...

Good bye Steve.

And here is my MojoGraph :) We managed it together!

Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 11.47.02.png

Hi everyone.

A huge thanks to everyone for all your kind words about Steve and family. I know Steve's wife Lisa and the boys really do appreciate it....plus thank you to all that have kindly donated as well. What a great caring community we have.

We now have a date for the funeral. It is to be held on Tuesday 26th of July at 3pm.
Please find below the address of the cemetery for anyone wishing to attend....where a cremation service will take place.

Lawnswood Cemetery
Otley Road
Adel
Leeds
LS16 6AH

Sincerest regards

Gio

Thanks for posting the funeral details Gio, I would like to attend the funeral and pay my respects to Steve.:love:

Thanks for the update Gio..!
Going too see if I can get the afternoon off to pay my respects...!

I'm hoping someone is busy DIYing some dual opposed 18s on wheels and putting a CV5000 into a touring box, all the while someone else is currently REWing the venue to ensure the correct bass boost profiles can be loaded into a miniDSP beforehand - then the entire rig can be wheeled into place and plugged into whatever little PA system they have in the venue, so the big man can go out as he lived - to a wall of bass shaking the glass out of the windows :D hehehe :laugh:

#goingoutinstyle!

I'm hoping someone is busy DIYing some dual opposed 18s on wheels and putting a CV5000 into a touring box, all the while someone else is currently REWing the venue to ensure the correct bass boost profiles can be loaded into a miniDSP beforehand - then the entire rig can be wheeled into place and plugged into whatever little PA system they have in the venue, so the big man can go out as he lived - to a wall of bass shaking the glass out of the windows :D hehehe :laugh:

#goingoutinstyle!

Love that :thumbsup:

Only just seen this, really sad. He was a really nice chap! RIP

Hi everyone.

A huge thanks to everyone for all your kind words about Steve and family. I know Steve's wife Lisa and the boys really do appreciate it....plus thank you to all that have kindly donated as well. What a great caring community we have.

We now have a date for the funeral. It is to be held on Tuesday 26th of July at 3pm.
Please find below the address of the cemetery for anyone wishing to attend....where a cremation service will take place.

Lawnswood Cemetery
Otley Road
Adel
Leeds
LS16 6AH

Sincerest regards

Gio

Gio

Thanks for the above, won't be able to make the funeral, but my thoughts will be with all.

I am really quite emotional of how our forumites have remembered MojoGoes, wonderful thoughts with such kindness.
I never personally knew MojoGoes but I feel I do, much love and best wishes to his family.

RIP

Just stumbled across this thread. Truly Shocking... Rest In Peace Mojogoes. deepest condolences to his family

Last edited:
My thoughts are with Lisa and the kids for today!

Well today was the funeral for Mojogoes..!
(Steve)

It was good to see some fellow forum members paying there respects...think Steve would of appreciated it.

There was some very touching eulogies especially the one from his best friends of 50years.!
Steve was a larger then life character not just in the forums but in general as one of his dear friends commented.

The big man got a great send off...!
Which I was honoured to attend.

Did check before posting but I think fellow forum members would have appreciated to know that, Keith was kind enough to get a card and add every single persons name in it who had posted on this thread.

We then presented this to Lisa for her and the boys to keep as a memory.
Also she was eternally grateful with the wreath that many members contributed too.

So paying my final respects and giving a lost friend a good send off at his wake...![emoji481][emoji481]
Never been so quiet in my life completely lost for words...all I have left is his memories and a few tears.[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22].

You well be missed but never forgotten...!
RIP Stephen Moses..aka as Mojogoes
Big Mo as he was known to everyone who knew him well.[emoji257][emoji257]

ImageUploadedByAVForums1469554263.963709.jpg

ImageUploadedByAVForums1469554278.905540.jpg

Thanks Phil, sadly couldn't make the funeral due to work commitments but know you guys would have passed on our thoughts and sympathies.

Many thanks to Keith for dropping off the wreath, much appreciated mate.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom