mojogoes low….His Best Movie Subwoofery Moments....!!

I'll start;

Another tv great (and frankly unbelievable) bass is American Horror Story. The opening credits my mono struggles with! Never heard anything quite like it. The whole room shakes!

Dave M said:
I'll start;

Another tv great (and frankly unbelievable) bass is American Horror Story. The opening credits my mono struggles with! Never heard anything quite like it. The whole room shakes!

Defo agree with that! All the wooden door frames in my house rattle when thats on :)

Defo agree with that! All the wooden door frames in my house rattle when thats on :)

I will +1 that

Not watched that for weeks but now but I have just installed a Earthquake Quake 10b in my sofa so might have to add that to the sky planner and see how it is with the Quake

Richard

Just watched The Incredible Hulk some serious bass pretty much throughout the film. Film was ok too :)

Alang75 said:
Just watched The Incredible Hulk some serious bass pretty much throughout the film. Film was ok too :)

It's one of the best discs around for ULF, a real sub tester.
My fave scenes are the sonic cannons & the hulk vs abomination. Truly Epic bass!

Also watched Battleship the other day some good LFE there also. Don't know how people manage to watch at anywhere near reference levels I never get pasyt -40 before I think the neighbours will be after me, going to need a detached house next me thinks

-40 that's low
I am in a semi and -16 is my movie volume tho I have pushed this to -10

You not got anything on like dynamic volume night mode ????

My normal tv playing is about -26 but with the night mode on I have to be around -36

Check your setting you should be ok to have it on at -20 no problem

I just got a quake and amp so I can really feel the base kick in now but you still need to have the volume up but you do get a good feeling when it's needed as they go down to 5hz so go where no sub goes

Richard

No DRC is off, tone controls all at 0 nothing added, no volume trim added, All speaker levels set between 0db and 2db (sub at +4db) measured with a radioshack spl metre, crossover set at 80 for the sub, gain on the sub at 11 0 clock, all speakers except fronts set to small and with these settings watching either a blu ray, sky movies or a downloaded film from the wdtv and the sound is seriously loud.

Alang75 said:
No DRC is off, tone controls all at 0 nothing added, no volume trim added, All speaker levels set between 0db and 2db (sub at +4db) measured with a radioshack spl metre, crossover set at 80 for the sub, gain on the sub at 11 0 clock, all speakers except fronts set to small and with these settings watching either a blu ray, sky movies or a downloaded film from the wdtv and the sound is seriously loud.

I thought ALL speakers should be set to "small"?

Dave M said:
I thought ALL speakers should be set to "small"?

You're right, unless you have speakers that are capable of dropping to 20hz. But it's a bit of a minefield, some prefer to share bass duties with their fronts taking some of the load.

I have my fronts set to small but they're the only speakers with a different crossover of 60Hz compared with 80Hz for the rest. I feel this adds a little bit of punch.

Also watched Battleship the other day some good LFE there also. Don't know how people manage to watch at anywhere near reference levels I never get pasyt -40 before I think the neighbours will be after me, going to need a detached house next me thinks

Yes and no, I didn't think it had GREAT LFE, just (as you said) "good LFE". I've definitely heard better, and I would say they didn't quite take advantage of the mahoosive cannon shots...

bootyman81 said:
You're right, unless you have speakers that are capable of dropping to 20hz. But it's a bit of a minefield, some prefer to share bass duties with their fronts taking some of the load.

This from dante01;

If you designate a speaker as being LARGE then no crossover setting is applied to the channels associated with said speakers. The amp's crossover setting is only applicable to speakers designated as being SMALL. You can choose not to apply the crossover to speakers by designating them as being LARGE, but it is unlikely that the speakers will be capable of handling full range (20 - 20,000Hz) audio?

Yes and no, I didn't think it had GREAT LFE, just (as you said) "good LFE". I've definitely heard better, and I would say they didn't quite take advantage of the mahoosive cannon shots...

+1..
It's nice, just not in the same league as Underworld Awakening..

Have received my copy of battleship in the post today. So I will give it a spin sometime this week & finally check out the bass for myself, I am lowering my (bass) expectations for this one quite considerably.

I'm hearing good things about the bass (& the soundtrack in general) in hunger games, which I have also pre oredered. Anyone have this already & checked it out?

Have received my copy of battleship in the post today. So I will give it a spin sometime this week & finally check out the bass for myself, I am lowering my (bass) expectations for this one quite considerably.

I'm hearing good things about the bass (& the soundtrack in general) in hunger games, which I have also pre oredered. Anyone have this already & checked it out?

Same her, will prob watch battleship tomorrow, I'm really looking forward to it, I starting to enjoy mid range bass as much as the really low stuff

Avengers assemble tomorrow will let you know what I think also got underworld awakening to have a look at might have a filmfest tomorrow

Alang75 said:
Avengers assemble tomorrow will let you know what I think also got underworld awakening to have a look at might have a filmfest tomorrow

WOW you got your avengers early, where did you order it from...will have to use them in future.

Let us know how the LFE is.
:)

Just watched "The Mechanic". Don't know if this has been mentioned before but some great deep moments in this. :thumbsup:

My god!!! Your gonna enjoy that! I'm actually lost for words, I think I have heard the full extent of my SVS now :rotfl:

Nick1881 said:
My god!!! Your gonna enjoy that! I'm actually lost for words, I think I have heard the full extent of my SVS now :rotfl:

This is looking good for the avengers. I can't wait to get my copy, I have high hopes for this especially with Chris Boyes on mixing duties!

Can I ask how the hell you guys have got your copies so early, are they early release US imports or shouldn't I ask? ;)

What movie y'all talkin about?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom