mojogoes low….His Best Movie Subwoofery Moments....!!

The force awakens, very nice sound mix, some great low frequency moments throughout the film and great use of surrounds. [emoji106][emoji106]

Just finished watching this and was really impressed. Saw it at the cinema and found the sound presentation strangely lacking. Totally different on blu-ray. Very good use of the surrounds and rears and the bass during the force effects, ship movements and just explosions in general were really weighty.

Second film I have seen since upgrading from dual Dali E12-F's to dual BK Monolith+'s.

No longer bothering with the cinema anymore :D.

All credibility lost to anyone that recommends The Revenant.. Is there anything below 50hz? :eek:

It actually ended up costing 80p :eek: plus £1.26 p&P :( not bad though for £2.06 all in :thumbsdow

Found one for £1.49 on t'bay, score! I'll need to re-calibrate (moved the furniture around) and listen to both the BR and DVD at "reasonable volumes" to compare. :D

All credibility lost to anyone that recommends The Revenant.. Is there anything below 50hz? :eek:
That's quite surprising. How did it sound in the Cinemas?

Haven't watched that yet, but I think it may be more of an atmospheric surround showcase rather than a bass-fest?

That's quite surprising. How did it sound in the Cinemas?

I never watched it at the cinema, I did ask my mate to grab me one from the US and bring it over with him this weekend, but after seeing this crap (see attach) I asked him not to bother, I might wait and see if someone else buys it and just borrow it. Or I suppose I could wait and see if it appears on Amazon Prime.. if it has poor bass already then it won't matter :laugh:

Haven't watched that yet, but I think it may be more of an atmospheric surround showcase rather than a bass-fest?

Yeh, you're probably right. It has already been given a top 10 worst bass flick award from another member, so I wouldn't expect too much from it..

Credit to Fatshaft over at AVS for posting this

Attachments

• capt1604101351.jpg
    capt1604101351.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 71
Looks like it was mixed for playback on a Soundbar or Mobile Phone....:facepalm:

Makes me wonder if it's the Re-recording Mixers who are responsible or if it's some numbnut twiddling the knobs when the discs are authored. :confused:

Does anybody use the data-bass website? Can someone explain what they mean with the scoring please:

Edge of Tomorrow (7.1 DTS-HD MA)

Level - 5 Stars (113.59dB composite)
Extension - 5 Stars (9Hz)
Dynamics - 5 Stars (27.61dB)
Execution - 5 Stars (by poll)

I'm guessing extension is how low it goes?
Dynamics how well the surrounds are integrated maybe?
Level and execution I don't even want to guess!

Does anybody use the data-bass website? Can someone explain what they mean with the scoring please:

Edge of Tomorrow (7.1 DTS-HD MA)

Level - 5 Stars (113.59dB composite)
Extension - 5 Stars (9Hz)
Dynamics - 5 Stars (27.61dB)
Execution - 5 Stars (by poll)

I'm guessing extension is how low it goes?
Dynamics how well the surrounds are integrated maybe?
Level and execution I don't even want to guess!

Scroll down and they explain their ratings criteria:-

The Low Frequency Content Thread (films, games, music, etc) - Bass Content

i just found out that ARC is the biggest waste of time if you want any decent surround sound

i just found out that ARC is the biggest waste of time if you want any decent surround sound

Try using a optical fibre cable then.

optical from tv to receiver while hdmi tv input plugged into hdmi receiver output?

Yeah that's right, if your not happy with the sound produced using Audio Return Channel fibre is the next best thing for sound from your TV

Fibre optic doesn't do hd audio tracks, neither does arc, if that's what you want to listen to anyway

Didn't think many TVs did support hd audio formats.
Arc should be no different to any other Dolby digital signal though.

See you're at it again. What's that got to do with the thread title?

Found one for £1.49 on t'bay, score! I'll need to re-calibrate (moved the furniture around) and listen to both the BR and DVD at "reasonable volumes" to compare. :D

Have you tried it yet?

Looks like it was mixed for playback on a Soundbar or Mobile Phone....:facepalm:

Makes me wonder if it's the Re-recording Mixers who are responsible or if it's some numbnut twiddling the knobs when the discs are authored. :confused:

Yes it's a bit of a shocker, looks so bad, that I'm thinking it's a mistake on their part and the disks are due for a recall :rotfl:

I quite enjoyed SW:TFA last night, glad I bought it now. KR voice with the helmet on sounded amazing too.

I quite enjoyed SW:TFA last night, glad I bought it now. KR voice with the helmet on sounded amazing too.

I could have sworn that they used Javier Bardem - IMDb as a voice over, sounded almost identical to his character in No Country For Old Men..

I could have sworn that they used Javier Bardem - IMDb as a voice over, sounded almost identical to his character in No Country For Old Men..

And now that's all I'm ever going to think of every time I watch this movie lol

EDIT:And the more I think about it the more I think you're right…

And now that's all I'm ever going to think of every time I watch this movie lol

EDIT:And the more I think about it the more I think you're right…

It actually makes him more believable and scarier if you think it's him. right up until the point when he takes his mask off, then it's like meh, bit gormless..

It actually makes him more believable and scarier if you think it's him. right up until the point when he takes his mask off, then it's like meh, bit gormless..

Yeah he goes from Javier Bardem to Kevin the teenager, one of my biggest annoyances of the movie.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom