mojogoes low….His Best Movie Subwoofery Moments....!!

Any one seen IT chapter two. My word it’s heavy hitting from the start. Currently at -45 and already the couch is rumbling.
only 10 mins into the movie and it’s enough for me to type this up haha.

Any one seen IT chapter two. My word it’s heavy hitting from the start. Currently at -45 and already the couch is rumbling.

My switch on volume is -45db. That’s a proper low listening level.

My switch on volume is -45db. That’s a proper low listening level.
You have a movie room. I have a lounge that forced us to nearly use the center speaker as a place mat during supper 😂
I also have dynamic eq turned on. (I know a cardinal sin) but helps with low listening levels. Just watch the movie on your twin beats and let me know what broke.

It’s on my list to get. Unfortunately it’s been put back to January for the UK release.

You have a movie room. I have a lounge that forced us to nearly use the center speaker as a place mat during supper 😂
I also have dynamic eq turned on. (I know a cardinal sin) but helps with low listening levels. Just watch the movie on your twin beats and let me know what broke.
What's your volume ratio in the AVR set to? -79.5-18 or 0-98? Either way, even with DEQ enabled, it's still pretty low :D Try it at -10 and let us know 😱

I doubt anything will break, it's only overly hot in two peaks.. -10dbfs around the 27hz and 43hz area (dotted line) which is perfectly acceptable :)

FALKXWF.jpg

MgFk9YD.png

Haha relative volume I think. Absolute? The number goes down as it gets louder lol. I know it’s low compared to most but it really is a small room lol. First night we don’t have our two year old so might just crank it.

Do you have one of.them butt kickers to have that rumble at -45 ? -15 -10 that is when you start get that real impact.

When I get the movie, I’ll give it a start at -8.0db and take it from there.

The opening scene is heavy. Well was for me lol. Wish I had a buttkicker. Just like bass so running the sub about +2/3 hot.

The opening scene is heavy. Well was for me lol. Wish I had a buttkicker. Just like bass so running the sub about +2/3 hot.
It's on.my one to watch list so will be checking it out this weekend.

I was running a demo for someone at the weekend at -5.0db. Admittedly a demo and not a full movie but it could have been watched at -5.0db I reckon.
Don't tempt me :)

Try it. I have some acoustic damping in the room which I’m adding some more to help even further.

Try it. I have some acoustic damping in the room which I’m adding some more to help even further.
That would definitely help

I bought Anthem from a Forums member recently, he kindly dropped it off, he suggested to place large acoustic foam on my back wall you can get them in white and get them printed so it looks like a painting film art in black and white would look great.

He used to work for Pulse Cinemas so has experience he highly reccomend it. Have not got round to it yet. But now you have reminded me I will get on it

Oblivion - Canyon Scene, it’s a hoot at Reference. Not Bass heavy by a long shot but good for effects.

Have a 2yr old nephew.. That 'don't like loud noises' but put on a film with decent bass and he's like.. 'More of the BRRRR noises'.. I tend not to go louder than - 20MV for him, but with a BOSS and two 18's that's plenty ;)

Oblivion - Canyon Scene, it’s a hoot at Reference. Not Bass heavy by a long shot but good for effects.
I agree Oblivion has a great soundtrack plenty of bass moments and effects. If you want bass then a Tom Cruise film is the ticket

Just finished watching Midway and pretty much the entire film has some serious LFE going on.

Just finished watching Midway and pretty much the entire film has some serious LFE going on.
Wathed it last week You could randomly skip to any part of film and it will be most likely be demo material.

At one moment a light got switched on and I felt a rumble

Watched ready player one a couple of weeks ago - OMG, dont think I've ever heard my room being shaken so much. The 'catalysmic' explosion at 1hr 49mins was something else, proper low, extended bass. For a laugh, I turned off my power amps so only my dual Arendal subs on - was grinning none stop :D

Watching a lot more movies with the kids since lockdown, came across teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 what a ride! check out the scene were they are Sliding down the mountain and flip over a car great bass response.

Agreed possibly one of the best sound mixes i have heard on my set up!

Hey, does anyone know or remember that website which specifically documents bass and dynamic range in movies? i used to visit the site but i have totally forgotten what its called!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom