MOH : PS2 vs PC ?

Whiting

Novice Member
Anyone familiar with Medal of Honour on both the PC and PS2 ?

If so, how does the PS2 version rank in comparison with the PC in terms of gameplay (not too bothered about graphics) ?

FPS : normally I'd opt for the PC version but the other half fancies it on the PS2 and who am I to deny her her wishes (unless you can give me a good reason not to)

-- Barry...

If you have a decent internet connection PC wins HANDS DOWN!!

Superb game for online gaming , graphics are far better and control much better with keyboard and mouse

holtehero

Played and finished both games

They are different games with respect to plot and all but one level (Omaha beach)

To be fair, the PS2 version is good considering the hardware it is running on and i actually enjoyed the story of the PS2 game more, felt more compelling

Mind you the PC version is better for graphics and some of the set pieces are far better.

I would say buy both :) as the PC version must be due on budget once the mission pack has been out a couple of months

DVDcake

Novice Member
I brought both but then soon after the PS2 version came out on the X-box as well which I also own. I wish I had brought the X-box version now.:(

The X-box version also has a four way multiplayer mode.

Whiting

Novice Member
Thanks for the feedback guys.

If they're different games (in terms of levels) I'll give the PS2 (or Gamecube) version a try and if sufficiently impressed, I'll wait the 6-ish months for the MOH + bonus pack to appear via a budget label.

-- Barry.

Drunken Master

I'm surpised that nobody has mentioned the on-line aspect of the PC version! It is superb. In Single player I think the game is much better than the PS2 even if it is much easier to use the joypad than keys and a mouse.

Ono

Originally posted by Drunken Master
I'm surpised that nobody has mentioned the on-line aspect of the PC version! It is superb. In Single player I think the game is much better than the PS2 even if it is much easier to use the joypad than keys and a mouse.

I totally agree.

MoHAA online has taken over from Counter-strike as my online game of choice.

I also agree with the keyboard/mouse bit.

holtehero

I would have mentioned online if i could away from a 56k modem and onto broadband

So much for broadband being available to the majority of the population, i have been waiting 2 years and still no joy :mad:

Respectamonkeee

Standard Member
Im surprised no ones mention the blocky graphics on the ps2 version.....( i know ur not bothered but the Germans look like the guys outa the orginal Wolfvenstein up close:p )

the pc looks much better, plays much better(controls) and has the benifit of multiplayer....

oh and is cheaper;)