modules to buy with Panny?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by cwb4tx, Jan 9, 2004.

1. cwb4tx

cwb4tx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope I am not 'ignoring' previous posts that may detail this question, please kindlyt advise if so. (I should add I am in the US...)

I am going to buy the TH-50PHD6UY.

My intended setup:

- HK AV receiver for ALL audio through independant speaker system.

- I will to buy a new progressive scan DVD player (no ideas yet, advice is welcome but it seems they are all retty good?)

- I will consider a TIVO type device but do not yet know what is best and it could interfere with my HD RX sat system???

- I will get dish network (or DTV) probably Dnetwork as it offers russian programming for my wife and I can view local programming over it.

My questions:

1) Assuming I use the Sat receiver for all inputs other than my DVD, what modules should I add to the Monitor (assume I will want to hook standard video playback from my camera/TV as well as above)

2) Is there a good way to determine what sat receiver is best to buy in conjunction with my Dnetwork setup? Assume I want best picture quality and a HD receiver

3) I heard the 42 inch does not need fans, will the 50 inch need it? If I neglect to get fans, what is the consequence?

4) How to insure I get optimal use of PIP? What receiver setup do I need to have between the devices?

Thanks for your help!

-C

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Hi,

You may find more info for US stuff on the following forum:

www.avsforum.com

These guys will probs be a lot more familiar with US HDTV stuff etc...

Cheers

JJ