Mods plz delete this

Weioo

Novice Member
Hey fellas, newer user here. I set up a sweet home theatre system over the past few months and I was very happy with it, everything seemed to work great... Until today. While working I had a movie playing via Nvidia Shield Pro on my local network. Upon taking an hour-long phone call I muted the system and ran AFK. An hour later and after my call the movie had finished and the system (TV/AVR/Shield) went into sleep mode and turned off. When I turned it back on I had no audio. I've been messing with the system for a couple hours now without any luck. It certainly seems like it's the AVR. I get audio if I switch it over to the TV speakers but it's silent through the AVR.

The interesting thing is if I switch to the Nvidia netflix app, I get very annoying, loud crackling sounds.

Did I seriously just screw up my AVR because I muted the system and then it shut down on it's own? What the heck? To be clear I did purchase a refurbished unit but this would be the first time I've ever had a problem with a refurbished unit for anything.

Any ideas, thoughts, tests, etc. that could help confirm this? I have a ticket into Denon but I'm sure that'll take weeks to get resolved. FUN!

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom