• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

ModNation Racers - Preview Thread

phairplay

Distinguished Member
It's a must buy for me :)

I love kart type games and being able to create and share you own tracks is a very smart move. I also like how easy it is to create your:thumbsup:

runam0k

Prominent Member
I'm up and down with this (never that far down, but you know what I mean). The track editor is incredible but how many tracks do I really need? I can't imagine myself regularly building or downloading tracks. If they apply the same level of customisation to the vehicles/weapons, that could be cool.

Definitely a fun looking racer though, even if the novelty of the track editor wears off. 2010 seems like a long wait.

Last edited:

hodg100

Distinguished Member
I'm up and down with this (never that far down, but you know what I mean). The track editor is incredible but how many tracks do I really need? I can't imagine myself regularly building or downloading tracks. If they apply the same level of customisation to the vehicles/weapons, that could be cool.

Definitely a fun looking racer though, even if the novelty of the track editor wears off. 2010 seems like a long wait.

I know what you mean but it will nice to have the option to build/download provided the tracks that are included on the disc are decent. I just hope they have a better rating system than LBP for user created stuff.

Definite day 1 purchase for me:thumbsup:

Fifty

Established Member
Undoubtedly one to keep an eye on.

Not sure if it has as much 'potential' for the end result that LBP has - at the end of the day it's just building lots of different shaped tracks and I did that 19 years ago with my Scalextric at Xmas.

But certainly one I'll keep tabs on.

RMGEE

Prominent Member
When I first saw the video for this I thought it looked just like a Mario Kart ripoff but then they showed the track creator which looked great.

This will be a definite purchase for me aswell.

reprahm

Prominent Member
This looks a definate buy for me. Love kart racing. Loved Crash Team Racing on the original Playstation and all of the various Mario Karts.

The editing on this just adds to it and is something that will appeal to my son who loves messing about with stuff like that.

:thumbsup:

Tigerblade

Distinguished Member
As long as there's nothing like those damn blue shells in MK this should be good.

Amen to that! Unfortunately that's what happens when you have a gaming standpoint like Nintendo and everyone should 'win'.....

Like I said in the E3 thread it will really add to the game if they bring well known characters to the store as DLC, then it will be a Mario Kart Killer IMO

Ethan2000

Established Member
Yeah it could be what Mario Kart wii should of been, loads of mates online, private races, voice chat and beer :thumbsup:. Also we can't moan about the tracks either lol, infact you could have a tournament on a different track every week, it could be great this game.

sunnysunnysunny

Prominent Member
It has a lot of potential, basically what LBP had when it started off (and still has) but in the form of racing.
A great concept, and as you say, what Mario kart could, and should, have been.

Hopefully it will involve the Playstation Motion Controller somehow, I'd like to see that implemented in as many games as possible when it comes out, as well as the Playstation Eye, that's not used in many games at all.

Tonks01

Established Member
Do you think this title should of been officially branded and marketed as the second LBP title? Literally LittleBig Racing? sackboys and everything?

I can't decide, always nice to see new IP's but damn I love me some sackboys.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Loved this when I saw it during the Sony conference. A must buy for me!! One of my fave games of the show infact.

The ease that you could create new tracks was fantastic and it looks to play superbly as well.:thumbsup:

Widge

Prominent Member
There is only ONE downer for me about this. Its the artistic style. The colours used just seem to be a touch drab, unsure of whether it should be the primary colour lunacy of Mario Kart or the 3D serious of next gen FPS.

The key will be in the styling. One vital part of Mario Kart was the character and vibrance of its courses. The same for LBP too.

DeanE

Distinguished Member
I personally thought it looked great and it seemed that it was highly customisable, so hopefully most tastes will be catered for in some way. All in all, looks like a really fun title. :thumbsup:

EwanSuttie

Standard Member
Personally, I love the art style. It is similar to LBP in the fact that it uses flat colours and interesting textures (Just remember this will be a PSN game so don't expect it to look like Killzone). I also like the way the game is accessible for children/inexperienced gamers but also has a decent set of tools for a more hardcore set of gamers to create interesting and advanced levels.

I think this will be a game that will hit a softspot for gamers young and old. A definate purchase for me.

DeanE

Distinguished Member
(Just remember this will be a PSN game so don't expect it to look like Killzone).

I don't think that this is a PSN game, I'm pretty sure that its heading for a Blu-ray release. Check HERE

Moogle

Distinguished Member
I don't think that this is a PSN game, I'm pretty sure that its heading for a Blu-ray release. Check HERE

Yes I'm pretty sure it's going to be a retail disc based game.

bajere

Established Member
odd why this game hasn't gotten hyped up as much as LBP, looks alot more fun :smashin:

does any1 have the web address for the official site?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom