1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modifying SCART leads

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by DennyL, Feb 5, 2005.

1. DennyL

Standard Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Some of us may get to point when we are trying to make all our equipment work together that we want to disable a connection in a SCART lead. This may be the infamous pin 8, or maybe pin 19 or 20 when one has a device that is responding to and input in an unwanted way. I was wondering whether any of you out there who have done this and can recommend a brand and model of SCART lead that particularly lends itself to this sort of modification. I was thinking that maybe some SCART leads have covers that are more easily removable than others, or have pins that are easy to remove or cut. Never having done it yet, I was thinking that cutting a cable would be best, as it could later be changed back by re-soldering it.

Another question comes out of this. Are SCART leads straight wired (ie pin n to pin n) or crosswired (ie pin 19 - video out to pin 20 - video in)? I ask because if they are cross-wired then a modified lead would be directional and would have to be correctly labelled.

All comments gratefully received!