• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Modify a TV to be turn on by power cord

binaryxy

Novice Member
I'm in the process of building a Video Arcade Cabinet, using Pandora DX Game Computer and Vizio TV (Vizio HDTV40A)

Is there a way to bypass the power button on this TV. which will allow me to have the TV Powerup when I turn on the cabinet.... so basically the TV will power up when plugged in (there in a line filter to soften the current already installed in the cabinet), Currently; once I power the cabinet I have to switch the TV on, via button on the TV case or the remote. Is there a setup in the TV for this function. any insight would be helpful

binaryxy

Novice Member
Thank you, I will look at that function. If it has it.. I'm being told to jam or solider the ON button leads.. not too sure about that or how that my affect the unit in general

PICKY737

Established Member
This is on a Toshiba, you may have something similar in your menu. My options are Standby or Last State.

Attachments

• IMG_20200914_100214.jpg
    IMG_20200914_100214.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 17

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom