1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modified Pioneer 360 no "Let's get started screen" , opinions on this please?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by one_jedi, Jul 6, 2003.

1. one_jedi

one_jedi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I got the new Pioneer 360 multi region from Amazon.co.uk recently. The player plays fine with excellent video and audio quality and it plays region 1 fine.

However I have noticed this. When you first connect and turn on your Pioneer DVD player you are suppsoed to get a "Lets Get Started Screen", which basically says "Hello" and asks you what language you want and then what type of TV you have. I think thats it and then you go to the normal menu where you set up your preferences. When I first turned my on I didn't get this, which I was kinda expecting as seeing as it is multi region I rhought they might have switched it on already when modifying it. The thing is in the booklet it tells you how to reset your machine to default settings and says when you do this you should go to the "Let's get Started Screen". I did this and all the setting when back to default but there qas no "Let's get started screen?" I tried this several times but never got the screen.

Why could this be? Does the fact that the Pioneer player had been modified meen it just always skips this scene. I heard that early on when machines where first being modified sometimes features like RGB scart got disabled? Could this be something Similar? Could there be any other reason for it? Also when I first turn the machine on it goes onto NTSC for a while and then back on to PAL and then you get the Pioneer logo? Does anyone know if this is what the Player does normaly or if it is also part of the modification?

Anyway it is only a minor gripe which doesn't effect the playing quality at all but I would be interested to hear about this. So anyone who has any type of knowledge on this, has the same player from amazon or the same multi region player from another store or has a non multi region version of this player I would be interested to hear your opinons, Thanks!!

2. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Usually on new players they are either made multi-region through keypad hacks (cheap players usually), replacing the bios (most branded players), or by installing a modchip (<1% of new machines). What it sounds like on the pioneer is that the bios has been changed and the menu has either been written over, or that screen is the region detection screen.

3. one_jedi

one_jedi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply!

So you think it's possible that the "Let's get started screen" is not just a user friendly system to say "Hello" and ask what television you have but maybe this is also where, when first started, the player is set to region 2? So to make it multi region they had to get rid of this or maybe more likely just make it so this is bipassed or something?

Anyone else have any ideas?

Anyone else with this player, multi-region or not, or some of the newer or slightly older Poioneer DVD players that have a simlar set-up it would be interesting to hear how your player starts up and it does anything which I mention in my first post?

Thanks for the help.

4. one_jedi

one_jedi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else, I know some of you are technical and might have some ideas on this!?

5. one_jedi

one_jedi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    slipped off the first page so i'll bump it back up in case anyone else can help