modified 360 and the ring of death

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rasamatazz

My son has a "flashed" 360 which is now dead with the dreaded three red lights,the machine is only 9 months old.
Regardless of the fact that the machine has been flashed,the fault is clearly an issue with shody workmanship/use of materials on microsofts part.
Before I try and return to where I brought it from, I was wondering if anyone knows where I stand from a legal point of view,in respect to the machine has been modified,yet the fault is clearly an issue with hardware failure.

Only777

I think you already know that flashing the drive has voided any chance of a free warranty repair.

however, on youtube theres lots of videos of people fixing their 360's using the towel method - which may be worth trying first ?

AVF Jazzy Geoff

Hi mate,

Not sure entirely, others will be able to confirm, but i'm pretty sure MS won't be very accommodating when you try to repair a modded 360. i can remember a thread a while ago with this issue, and even though it is a fault with the hardware, they wont touch a modded console. try doing a search and you may be able to find the thread. One other issue is that if you attempt to go live, then MS can now detect a modded console and you will find yourself banned:mad:

Sorry i cant be any more helpful but i think this will be the case, as i said other users who have had this problem may be able to point you in the right direction.

Hope you can get it sorted though

geoff

PS..welcome to the forums

erniebert1

Not the best place to ask these questions personally, do a search, theres many places where people have just sent it back regardless and had it sorted out by MS. When they started banning 1st off there were people who never had their 360 flashed but still got banned as they probably got refurbed 360's that were flashed from MS and didn't know they had until they got banned when they joined live.

One other issue is that if you attempt to go live, then MS can now detect a modded console and you will find yourself banned

The modders have brought a new firmware and to date noone has been banned using it so unless MS are just waiting at the moment modders can still play live and not get banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom