Modest home cinema room

Thanks, currently working my way though yours. The big difference is I didn’t go for in wall speakers, I was originally going that route but the electrician f#@ked up my wiring and instead of running ducking as he was told he clipped it which meant I couldn’t refeed it so ended up with stand alone speakers.

As yet I haven’t done anything about Atmos, since your room is very similar how do you find them.
I can take or leave Atmos to be honest. I do have a bit of a dodgy right ear though, so that may be tainting my enjoyment of it, but it’s probably worth having for the completeness of the install.

it’s usually just myself and the Mrs, but shes not into object based audio , but she does say it’s her fave room in the house.

A good electrician is a treasure these days!

I can take or leave Atmos to be honest. I do have a bit of a dodgy right ear though, so that may be tainting my enjoyment of it, but it’s probably worth having for the completeness of the install.
I actually think the shape of our ceiling help a non-Atmos setup achieve the impression of it. I get the sound of stuff overhead but probably not as much as a proper setup.
it’s usually just myself and the Mrs, but shes not into object based audio , but she does say it’s her fave room in the house.
I did the home cinema in the hope the rest of the family would use it, alas the wife has watched something twice in the 4 years I have had it and my son is about the same which makes it hard for me to justify spending big when it’s only on myself. I know I need to upgrade my amp and Blu ray player at some point but I always end up spending it on the family instead. LOL
A good electrician is a treasure these days!
Don’t even go there, the guy was a trained Loxone engineer and whilst the system worked perfectly when we had a lightening strike that took out the system he was at a lost as to how to fix it and I ended up having to get someone else in. To say that repair bill was a biggie for the insurance company was an understatement.

I just realised I never posted a finished image of the room but I took one because I have Gordon over to calibrate the JVC and it's been vacuumed to within a inch of it's life. LOL

IMG_7749.jpeg

It’s shocking in a pic how little light is in the room despite those six spots on full.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom