Modest £1500 for new Home Cinema Set Up?

Sam...B

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

In my new house now with speaker / sub wiring all in place behind walls and ceiling, ready for my install.

I will mainly be using for 5.1 surround sound, but will also listen to music through it via Sonos connect.

The only compromise is the rear surrounds need to be ceiling speakers (which is why many "5.1 packages" don't work out.

What would you buy for around £1500 (less if possible!)...

I need AV receiver, and all speakers

Thanks, Sam

With that budget I would look at spending around £400 on the AVR with the rest on speakers. Makes like Monitor Audio do ceiling speakers within their ranges which should give a reasonable match all around. Hence I would possibly look at something like a Denon AVR with Monitor Audio Bronze speakers all around (except for the sub where I would get a BK Electronics one).

are there any restrictions on the type of speakers for the front three?

Thanks PSM1, something to look into.

quantum - No restrictions at all.

Depending on the size of your room, and your required output, something like the KEF E305 sub/sat package could work well - you'd retain consistency by using the same speaker all red, and the base that comes with them also doubles as the wall bracket - which can be ceiling mounted. More can be easily added to if you decide to take the Atmos/DTS:X route. With the current discount with it being KEF Month, you'd get the package for around £800.

Like any speaker, the better the amplifier you use, the better they'll sound. Get the best receiver you can. Sub £500 receivers will sound ok, and they will probably provide all the noise you need, but if you can stretch a little further for something better, you'll be rewarded with better quality, regardless of the volume you listen at.

If you want more conventional speakers for the front left/centre/right, have a look at the Monitor Audio Bronze range, or Dali's Zensor range.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom