Modern Warfare 3 spawn fix hits Xbox Live

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Azzin, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Azzin

Azzin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,072
    This may be history rather than news to some of you, but I just noticed this:

https://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/status/155348510219304962

Xbox 360 News: Modern Warfare 3 spawn fix hits Xbox Live - Xbox 360 - The Official Magazine

2. uncleclives

uncleclives

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +798
  3. finite

finite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Hard hat seems to be worse than before, revenge spawns are still very much alive and well. There was a compensated player camping at the end of the tunnel from the SAS spawn on Underground and after two attempts I spawned behind him half way along the tunnel.

4. uncleclives

uncleclives

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +798
    Don't want to turn this into another moaning thread but these fixes are not very impressive. Would be nice to able to say yeah that's good they have really fixed something for a change. :rolleyes:

5. King Tones

King Tones
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17,592
    Had a few games of FFA earlier over lunch and the spawns do seem a little bit better but I have not played FFA since release. You still get the revenge spawn though. Pretty much after you kill someone you can gurantee that within a few seconds they will re-appear near you.

But then I thought this was about in MW2 aswell but with the maps being slightly bigger it was not noticable.
    Hope it does get sorted.

They just seem to have these little things in the game to ensure you can get kills for all levels of skill. Being spawned behind the guy who just killed you does give you a big advantage.
    That and the lag comp it feels like a game for all skill levels and anyone can feel like Rambo.

Still loving it though, not had much time on it recently but had a few hour sessions over the weekend and it ran ok for me, some laggy games but felt like MW2 & COD4 to me.
    Not many Quickscopers or campers and not many boosting.

GW seems to be my go to game mode at the moment as I really like the big Kill Confirmed games and Domination mixes it up with your classes.

Its great to have the COD bug again, just wish I had more time to play it as I think I will keep prestiging in this one :)

6. stu646

stu646

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +630
    Right, had a break from MW3 for a couple of weeks, due to the spawns/lag, but thought give it a go again today after seeing the spawns were supposedly fixed.

Of course though, the spawns are no different than before and some maps are worst than before.

Last straw for me, game is being traded in, first COD game I have done this with

7. The SMF

The SMF
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    think its fixed for TDM, seems fine for now, no silly spawning near or in amongst enemy players

8. campy mccamper

campy mccamper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548
    Seems okay in s&d as well

9. roygbiv6

roygbiv6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Don't know about other game types but the spawns seemed worse in FFA. Never seen so many kill cams where I spawn in people's sights. Or even worse spawn on top of a body just hitting the floor & die before taking a step.

Still a case of shoot someone turn around shoot them again rinse & repeat.

10. DR Kronenbourg

DR Kronenbourg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,888
    I actually spawned right next to my quivering dead body:eek: now that's just not normal :D

11. campy mccamper

campy mccamper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548
    I got thrown into a game off ffa that was nearly over tonight, as soon as I start I'm dead and the game is over. The killcam shows me spawning right in the players sights. Well done fourtwozero:rotfl:

12. campy mccamper

campy mccamper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548

Sounds like booster talk to me , burn him!:devil:

13. bearman3784

bearman3784

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    Since this update the game has played utter **** for me, 5x the amount of laggy games I'm finding and the spawns are probably worse. Bravo IW!

14. rob99

rob99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Been away on hols for a week and put it on last night for first time and some game were good some really bad
    One on hardhat I was killed by the same 4 times in about 20 sec as he moved along the edge of the map I spawned in front of him
    What a pile of ****

15. King Tones

King Tones
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17,592
    Played a load more games of FFA for a few hours last night and the spawns are pants and i'm not talking on Dome or small maps. Was playing on that Highway Scrapyard Map whatever its called and spawned at the end where A is I think and then some dude spawned right in front of me, I felt bad for stabbing him but what you gonna do :laugh:
    I mean thats just pants as thats a huge map for 8 players and it spawns him in front of me :laugh:

I was running and gunning mostly and doing ok, coming in the top 3 easy and connection seemed ok and fair with me hosting. Not a huge advantage. Just could not get near the guy coming top though as he was locking down area's so I decided to do the same. Bugger me the revenge spawn really does make it easy for some kills. Was playing underground and was locking down the area at the back. Pretty much I could run down a set of stairs kill someone as they just spawn, run back up the stairs and kill the same player. I was not ADS at a door but actually running round at the back of the map and getting easy kills. Called in 3 choppers in most of those games.
    Had to play like a real asshole though to win the games.

I dont think I am a fan of FFA anymore. Its great fun coming top and calling in all your streaks but its not all that much fun to be honest if you know what I mean.

16. Neil_H

Neil_H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +557
    Interchange – I was revenge killed on there last night as well, the spawning is definitely not ‘fixed’ and what worries me most is that they consider this to be a fix. How many other things are they going to ‘fix’ without actually fixing? When the game runs well it’s actually enjoyable, I did used to get angry at all the annoyances but now I simply shake my head in disbelief and eventually switch the game off when the cumulative effect of lag comp, spawning and people sitting in corners gets too much.:rolleyes:

17. King Tones

King Tones
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17,592
    Yeah thats the one, I get the impression it might be sorted in other game modes but FFA is screwed.
    They probably think that its just full of boosters anyways so no need to fix the spawn in that mode.

Not sure why they cant get it right, it was fine in COD4, WaW, MW2 and Black Ops after some tweaks.
    Seems silly they cant fix the basics and then we would have an awesome game.

Still enjoying it as I have said but it could be so much better with just a few fixes, lag comp and spawns.
    The camping does not bother me anymore. People can play how they want and you are always going to get people doing it. Its nothing new and I dont think its any worse than previous Call Of Duties. MW2 being quite bad with the big maps. I also remember WaW being quite bad with its dark maps and corridors and people camping it up for the dogs.