Modern Warfare 3 Moaning Thread *Part 3*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teach me to open my big mouth, turned xbox off to have dinner about 30-60m ago and I have jsut turned it back on and I cant sign into live ><

Anyone else having an issue ?

My live is fine currently, its the menu in MW3 thats buggered completely :mad:

My live is fine currently, its the menu in MW3 thats buggered completely :mad:

Instead of waiting I just keep pressing up or down, usually goes quick.

Instead of waiting I just keep pressing up or down, usually goes quick.

Sadly thats not all its affecting. i`m getting the worst lag i`ve ever experienced in a COD game. There`s times where the screen freezes for a second at a time. Seriously Infinity Ward, you expect people to PAY for Elite???? I`d rather use a micro-grater on my sack. :mad:

I just press home button wen it freezes back out back into game n sorts it straight away

The game is pretty mashed at the minute, I may as well bring a party popper to a 1v1 gunfight for all the good it does me. And as for reporting cheats I do not think that button is actually connected to anything. I jumped into a game of maggot boosters who I reported weeks ago and these same people were jerking each other of in some dark corner.

I actually traded MW3 in after 2 days as the multiplayer drove me insane. With the amount of UAV's being deployed,I thought the sky would've been obscured. One thing i've always wanted to know,how do people quick-scope? What buttons do you need to press? I've seen videos on YouTube where people use their rifles at close range in this way

Exactly what I'm getting mate, sometimes for up to 30 seconds. I haven't really played much for the last few weeks but if this is what the hotfixes have done to the game it may be going the way of Black Ops for me and be dropped like a hot potato.

MW3 is unplayable for me. Not just because of lag but the enjoyment factor just isn't there. I get so much rage playing it :mad: Especially when I get dickscoped. OMG I want to smash my TV in when it happens. Why did they bring it back?????

I'm back on BOps for now and really enjoying it! Feel free to jump in for a game

Last edited:
Think I am going to trade my copy in or just not bother much with it at all now.

I have gone from playing it maybe 3/4 hours a night to now 1/2 hours a week max. Every time I put it on, I have turned it off after a game or two. Just not enjoyable at all.

Last night the menus lagged everywhere ( such a great game, lag in the menus now..awesome ) spawns still a joke in FFA , boosters ( well done IW , putting TI back in FFA ) lag in the game still for me.

Just I know with my other games, Fifa, Rage, NHL12 I can put them all on for a couple of hours and have fun, this though, it just gets me mad, no fun in it. The first COD game that I have lost interest in before December is even finished

Blops was as bad for me as MW3. I've found with infinity I'm almost always host, and don't seem to be hit with the lag compo.
I'd go back to mw2. Still the best for me, seems all the quickscopers are on mw3

Just picked up gears 3 so will play that until the next update

Seems to me you have to be careful who you party up with and at the first hint of compensation use the fastest damaging weapons. Back out of lobbies with anyone remotely foreign.

ive hardly seen any boosters and quickscopers
u guys must be really unlucky as im halfway through 8th prestige and dont seem to be affected by it

my only gripe is still host compensation if i go 3 - 10 or something i`ll back out and low and behold im host , sure it would be better to have the host ahead slightly than behind , mw2 worked well that way

It's not so much that you're host it's the players in your lobby with rubbish connections. I had my first flawless with the MP7 on my host the other night 19-0.

i cant hit sod all if im host , its really that bad , even if i camped i doubt id stay positive

What's your connection spec & ISP?

virgin 10meg
just did a speed test 9.7 down 1 up , thats the best ive ever seen
peek times its normally 6-7down load .7-.8 up

That's probably your issue there then connection over subscribed. Virgin is pretty sweet in my area, but I'm on the wrong side of town for it. My best streaks have come when I party up with a guy living in the 'Virgin' area of town on his host.

Last edited:
So what's this gaming ping exactly mate? If I run a Pingtest.net test, my ping is usually between 15-20ms (I'm on Infinity). Are you saying I could reduce that furthermore?

Very intrigued!

I'm not sure how it works on fiber connections to be honest. On ADSL connections they use an error correction system called interleaving which increases latency,so getting interleaving switched off reduces your ping. I'm with SKY now and they won't completely switch interleaving off,but they will reduce max delays to 8ms which is still quite a big improvement. (Hopefully I explained it right?)

av-irgin said:
I'm not sure how it works on fiber connections to be honest. On ADSL connections they use an error correction system called interleaving which increases latency,so getting interleaving switched off reduces your ping. I'm with SKY now and they won't completely switch interleaving off,but they will reduce max delays to 8ms which is still quite a big improvement. (Hopefully I explained it right?)

Yep, you certainly have mate! I suppose I shouldn't be too bothered given mine's pretty low anyway but might at least ask the BT mods and see whether they are aware of a way of reducing it on fibre.

Cheers mate!

jumped on BLOPS this morning and was back to fun and enjoyment over this MW3 rubbish, tbh i do want to ditch it all together, downside in that is the 4000 MSP i spent (from the looks of things, wasted) on elite

guess i'll have to jump between the 2, shame as christmas day being full of noobs was so much fun on MW3, probably the most fun i've had since getting home after the midnight launch and jumping straight into it

Yep, you certainly have mate! I suppose I shouldn't be too bothered given mine's pretty low anyway but might at least ask the BT mods and see whether they are aware of a way of reducing it on fibre.

Cheers mate!

Nice one, I'd be interested to see how you get on with that, as I'll be switching to Infinity as soon as BT get round to installing it. How is Infinity for gaming by the way?

av-irgin said:
Nice one, I'd be interested to see how you get on with that, as I'll be switching to Infinity as soon as BT get round to installing it. How is Infinity for gaming by the way?

Will keep you posted mate!

It's difficult to say fella tbh. I definitely feel like I'm being punished by lag comp but I can't say for certain whether it's any worse when I'm host. I'm on the 'up to 10mb' upload package so am host a lot. In some respect I feel quite humbled being host as it was very rare when I was only getting 0.50mb up on BT Total Broadband!

Looking beyond MW3, Infinity has been fantastic for everything else. Especially downloading demos off the Marketplace. I recall it taking an hour sometimes to download a 1.2Gb demo. Now it takes about 5 mins!

Guys, anyone know why are all my team mates name tags are blue and enemies in orange (from the usual green and red)?

I'm playing solo, so not in a party which I know would be the usual reason, at least for my team.

First time I've bothered playing for ages due to all the issues, so not sure if I've missed something here? Anyone else getting this? TDM btw..:confused:

Guys, anyone know why are all my team mates name tags are blue and enemies in orange (from the usual green and red)?

I'm playing solo, so not in a party which I know would be the usual reason, at least for my team.

First time I've bothered playing for ages due to all the issues, so not sure if I've missed something here? Anyone else getting this? TDM btw..:confused:

Colour blind assist in options I think? Mine changed before as well as sensitivity for some reason.

Let me jog your memory, you have colour blind assist on which allows you to see enemy Steath Bombers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom