Modern Warfare 3 Moaning Thread *Part 3*

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

RedAl

Well, its confirmed. My Xbox is knackered :(

Gonna have to go out and find the cheapest 4gb slim as suggested by Tones yesterday and see if I can slot my current 120gb hdd into it. Just my bloody luck! :mad:

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member

Gonna have to go out and find the cheapest 4gb slim as suggested by Tones yesterday and see if I can slot my current 120gb hdd into it. Just my bloody luck! :mad:
Sorry to hear than man, typically stuff always breaks down at christmas when you're most skint :facepalm:

King Tones

Distinguished Member

Atleast you should be able to get some decent deals around this time mate or just say its for the kids :laugh:

Before you go shopping fella, take a look at some youtube videos about the HDD as its not as simple as just plug and play with the new one.
You have to take your 120 gig one out of its case and then slide it into the new 360 Slim.
Should not cause you any issues as its an official drive.

But you may want to look at the 250gig ones mate as in some deals they are only £20/30 more than the 4gb models.

chic

i have been enjoying the game more than other COD games so much so i am up to level 52 and i never got past 20 in the other games. However its starting to annoy me now with the amount of quickscopers :( why play this game like this i nearly broke my controller after getting killed by them on a game i was playing as i launched it accross the room in rage :D. Half the lobby was playing like this and its no fun. Also the amount of folk who just hide in corners and pick you off :(

michaelro

Have been some good deals around for a new xbox

Current Amazon bundle is £167 for 250Gb
Buy Fifa 12 & Forza 4 for £5 Each and Trade them in (Cex offer £24 & £15) and you've got a new xbox for £138 + you can sell the old one as spares on ebay

RedAl

Have been some good deals around for a new xbox

Current Amazon bundle is £167 for 250Gb
Buy Fifa 12 & Forza 4 for £5 Each and Trade them in (Cex offer £24 & £15) and you've got a new xbox for £138 + you can sell the old one as spares on ebay
Cheers bud. I was hoping to just move the current 120gb drive over to avoid the hassle of a data transfer, especially as I dont have a transfer cable. i`ve got the right screwdrivers to get the hdd out of the old casing so thats no problem and i`ve seen the video on youtube showing you how to slot it into the sata connections on the 4gb slim. Plus being a desktip support engineer I should be ashamed of myself if I can`t manage that! lol

finite

If you're going that route get a generic slim HD shell off of Dealextreme $4.20 delivered SKU 56461.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Cheers bud. I was hoping to just move the current 120gb drive over to avoid the hassle of a data transfer, especially as I dont have a transfer cable. i`ve got the right screwdrivers to get the hdd out of the old casing so thats no problem and i`ve seen the video on youtube showing you how to slot it into the sata connections on the 4gb slim. Plus being a desktip support engineer I should be ashamed of myself if I can`t manage that! lol
pft screwdriver, be a man and get a hammer :D

michaelro

Cheers bud. I was hoping to just move the current 120gb drive over to avoid the hassle of a data transfer, especially as I dont have a transfer cable.
Transferring sounds less hassle than making a drive fit ;)

Could buy and then sell the cable - people always want them :thumbsup:

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Al,
Just use a little usb stick or drive and just transfer across your game saves if you do get a 250gb model.
Your only gonna be playing COD anyways so no need for the other DLC as yet and you can just download it all again.

rob99

RedAl said:
I've got a transfer cable I could post out tomorrow but it would probably well into next week before you would get it with the hols

RedAl

Transferring sounds less hassle than making a drive fit ;)

Could buy and then sell the cable - people always want them :thumbsup:
Getting the drive to fit is really easy though and I`d only have to cough up even more money for an official data cable. I`ll try the 4gb slim version and see how I fare. I WILL be online tonight by hook or crook. I nearly went senile last night having no cod to play. :eek:

RedAl

I've got a transfer cable I could post out tomorrow but it would probably well into next week before you would get it with the hols
Cheers buddy, no need for the moment. I`ll hold you to that offer if my plans go awry at lunchtime up town! :smashin:

rob99

RedAl said:
Cheers buddy, no need for the moment. I`ll hold you to that offer if my plans go awry at lunchtime up town! :smashin:
No worries let me know by late tonight
I'll take to work and post in the morning if I can find it ;)

Dan Baker

Also the amount of folk who just hide in corners and pick you off :(
Until they make a map with no straight edges in it what so ever or implement a patch where by anyone who stays within a certain radius for a set period self destructs I can't see this changing.

Agree on the snipers those they are starting to anoy me now a long range weapon shouldn't be that powerful up close.

finite

I've been working on some Semtex spots for the corner campers Dome and Hardhat so far. I hope they translate from split-screen ok :devil:

r.vernon1

i have been enjoying the game more than other COD games so much so i am up to level 52 and i never got past 20 in the other games. However its starting to annoy me now with the amount of quickscopers :( why play this game like this i nearly broke my controller after getting killed by them on a game i was playing as i launched it accross the room in rage :D. Half the lobby was playing like this and its no fun. Also the amount of folk who just hide in corners and pick you off :(
Just toob them annoys them more than it does you being quickscoped, I bet.

Boosters make me sick though, I really enjoy just killing them even at the expense of losing the game if I have to. Nearly got my win/loo up to 2.00 but I would really rather kill those scum and make them quit in frustration. I report them for boosting afterwards to so it's like getting your cake and eating it. All IW have to do is check the time stamp on the complaint, check their game before that and see for themselves the evidence and hopefully reset them.

Thing is, however much people moan about how others play the game (camp, boost, QS etc) there is always a way to counter it so you just need to adapt the way you play and overcome them. Simples.

campy mccamper

Just toob them annoys them more than it does you being quickscoped, I bet.

Boosters make me sick though, I really enjoy just killing them even at the expense of losing the game if I have to. Nearly got my win/loo up to 2.00 but I would really rather kill those scum and make them quit in frustration. I report them for boosting afterwards to so it's like getting your cake and eating it. All IW have to do is check the time stamp on the complaint, check their game before that and see for themselves the evidence and hopefully reset them.

Thing is, however much people moan about how others play the game (camp, boost, QS etc) there is always a way to counter it so you just need to adapt the way you play and overcome them. Simples.
Tubes need beefing up bring back danger close and oma, should spice up drop zone a bit:devil:

O'ren Ishii

Why is it that tubes are now loaded with beanbags? It's taking ages to get it levelled on the ACR challenges, have to be real close or lucky headshot now.

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
Why is it that tubes are now loaded with beanbags? It's taking ages to get it levelled on the ACR challenges, have to be real close or lucky headshot now.
One of the best things about this game is the nerfed tubes. It would have gone in the bin a long time ago if it had been like MW2. It is far more annoying getting tubed than QS'ed. At least QS'ing takes some skill.

garts76

Lin3ar said:
One of the best things about this game is the nerfed tubes. It would have gone in the bin a long time ago if it had been like MW2. It is far more annoying getting tubed than QS'ed. At least QS'ing takes some skill.
I disagree, no skill at all to do dickscoping. Wait for auto aim.... pull trigger.. shoot. No skill at all im afraid.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
They dont need nerfing now you dont have one man army.

Status
Not open for further replies.