Modern Warfare 2 PS3/360 Pre order prices.

Ailegs

Established Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Based on the sales of the first one, I think they think people are crazy enough to pay that!

Agreed, that is a crazy RRP. It annoys me too - obviously Activision recognise they have one of the most eagerly anticipated games of the year and hence have shot the price up. Even the "reduced" prices are pretty damned high.

I for one will be waiting until it's around the £35 mark.

I hope a lot of people can buying it resist at that price and there release weekend sales figures go down the pan.

I remember I got CoD 4 on PC pre-order for £20! Hopefully I won't have to pay more than £25 for this version on PC.

Im glad i ordered a bit ago from game when it was only £39.99 and there was a £3 code off at the time as well... But tbh i can see this dropping closer to the time.

I can't see the game dropping below £30-£35 for quite some time.

In this day & age, I refuse to pay so much for a game - There's plenty of other decent games to keep me occupied until a bargain surfaces (FIFA 2010, Uncharted 2 etc)

I can't see the game dropping below £30-£35 for quite some time.

In this day & age, I refuse to pay so much for a game - There's plenty of other decent games to keep me occupied until a bargain surfaces (FIFA 2010, Uncharted 2 etc)

CO5 was only £27 from Asda on release, wouldnt be suprised if they do something similar for COD6.

CO5 was only £27 from Asda on release, wouldnt be suprised if they do something similar for COD6.

But COD5 was like a stop gap between COD4 & COD6. Had COD5 been an Activision release (i.e. Modern Warfare 2), then I suspect prices would have been higher due to the success of COD4.

But COD5 was like a stop gap between COD4 & COD6. Had COD5 been an Activision release (i.e. Modern Warfare 2), then I suspect prices would have been higher due to the success of COD4.

COD5 was released by Activision, but just done by a different development studio (Treyarch). Infinity Ward have made both Modern Warfare games and Treyarch are already working on next year's COD7 right now.

It's a commonly known fact that Infinity Ward and Treyarch make alternating COD games so there can be one each year, and that IW are much better at what they do.

Activision sells the both of them. :)

WaW needed a bit of a push start, so they sold it for £27 fora few days.

Can't wait for it. I'll get it from Blockbusters with my mates staff discount. HOPEFULLY It'll be £39.99 there, taking it to the £32 mark.

Good call on the fact that Asda have brought out the last two CODs for quite a bit cheaper. Will probably head there on release day and see if they do the same this time.

Much as I love this, there's no way I'd pay a penny over £35 for it on release. Anything over £40 is ludicrous. Will probably be another midnight in ASDA purchase for me.

Modern warfare won't be dropping price anytime soon, and if retailers do lower the price it will be for a very limited time.

Hell even cod4 still sells for a large amount considering it's age.

Why he hell isn't it in the platinum range yet....hmmm I reckon activision have something to do with it.

55 quid RRP isn't at all surprising with Activision. It's rediculous, yes, but these jokers are really taking the mick at the moment with the frequency and cost of their games.

Hopefully the only saving grace for this particular series is if MW and COD can really go off on their own paths, which it seems Infinity Ward are trying to do. Otherwise people will just start considering them as Call of Duty 2010, 2011, etc and give up on it.

can get mine in asda soon as stock arrives 20% off thanks to OH gran :D, can remember when WAW was released got it for just over £21 :thumbsup:

55 quid RRP isn't at all surprising with Activision. It's rediculous, yes, but these jokers are really taking the mick at the moment with the frequency and cost of their games.

Hopefully the only saving grace for this particular series is if MW and COD can really go off on their own paths, which it seems Infinity Ward are trying to do. Otherwise people will just start considering them as Call of Duty 2010, 2011, etc and give up on it.

Agreed 100%. People bitch about EA, but Activision have become far worse IMO. They ruined the Tony Hawk franchise with their insistence of making it an annual thing, they're well on their way to killing the rhythm game market, and if they're not careful the same will happen to COD eventually. At least with EA they took sports titles that were always thrown together and made them annual, Activision took quality titles (that were brilliant because of the love that the developers put into them) and whored them out.

The £55 RRP is disgusting.

I'm sure it will baseline at £39.99 everywhere and a select few like Asda/Tesco & HMV/GAME will lower the price to outdo each other. This is THE game they know people want and WILL sell. I'd keep an eye on Play & shopto as well.

I want cheap, preferably under £40 mark - 2 days before it's my birthday, so it will hopefully be a present 4 me :D

Oh well, it just means I'll have to trade in some old games - most likely COD5, RE5 and Resistance 2

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom