• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Modern Warfare 2 NAT Stick/Moderate

bouncer

Prominent Member
Trying to get this sorted for a friend, He has a Belkin N F5D8232-4 Wireless router I believe and in MW2 the settings are generally moderate, Sometimes even strict and very rarely open, What would be the best way to configure it so that it is open? Note there are 2 xbox's but most times only one is at use at a time, when they other is on one is normally strict and the other moderate, Im getting bored of not being able to play online with him and beat his ass:clap:

bouncer

Prominent Member
Only thing Port Forwarding did was if it was open, it became moderate and wouldn't change, Also I tried that for my and my nat is always open, but once I port forwarded it went to moderate too

virtual_boy

Prominent Member
I spent many hours trying to sort out NAT issues, I tried forwarding ports and DMZ's in every possible combination with no luck.
In the end it was a firmware update and disabling the 'port scan and DOS protection' option that did it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom