Modern Warfare 2 Keycode

rattyjack

Standard Member
I purchased a copy of Modern warfare 2 from Ebay. But as the key code has already been activated by an existing steam account, it comes up as an invalid key code. Is there anyway around this or can I get a new key code?

Thanks.:confused:

Razor

I think your stuffed. Steam dont like you selling games tied to their system. :(

Yer the link to the item you brought.

If it doesn't say about not giving an activation code, I think you can quite easily claim for your money back.

Gordon B

You've been had I'm afraid.

No way round this. Once it is activated on someones account it can't be re-activated by a second user.

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
Poor show by ebay seller.

Dont buy pc games second hand. There are a few,RSV2 etc) that you can reuse the code on, but not many that you can.

In future, post in this section if in doubt and the community will answer.

Raise a paypal disbute immediatly and give VERY negative feedback.

:devil:

rattyjack

Standard Member
I asked the seller for his Steam user name and password, which he has given to me. However, when I log in I just see a page that shows licence and subscriptions and his store transactions, but can't see how to actually access the game.
Also it was mentioned that I need to change the email address, but I can't see how to do this.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

MooMooCow

Did you download the software? you need to download steam.
Omce you got steam login with those details and go file -> setting -> change email then verfiy. The game should be in the My Games tab

rattyjack

Standard Member
Thanks, I changed the email as you said, but when I clicked on the 'verify email' link it popped up with the email address of the guy we bought the game from, so I think it has sent him the link to verify it instead of us.

Also under the games tab it shows the game as not installed, when I click it to install, it says it will take 4hrs.

If I'd know this would involve so much fuss I wouldn't have bothered to buy it in the first place!!

Thanks

MooMooCow

Thanks, I changed the email as you said, but when I clicked on the 'verify email' link it popped up with the email address of the guy we bought the game from, so I think it has sent him the link to verify it instead of us.

Also under the games tab it shows the game as not installed, when I click it to install, it says it will take 4hrs.

If I'd know this would involve so much fuss I wouldn't have bothered to buy it in the first place!!

Thanks
you need to ask him the Confirmation code then once he give you the code you can self service by changing the email address you want. :( how much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking, sometime it is a lot trouble by purchasing a game without knowing you have to do all these procedure to get it working properly

rattyjack

Standard Member
I paid £15 for it. Where am I supposed to put the confirmation code? It has a link to activate the product but that just asks for the key code, which has already been input.

Thanks

MooMooCow

File > Setting > Change contact email > Password then it ask you the confirmation code which the seller got so you need him to give you it.

rattyjack

Standard Member
Thanks again. I have just sent the seller another message asking for the code.
So I'll just wait now for his reply, and let you know how I get on.

stooeh

Personally, I think you should try and get your money back, buying/trading/sharing etc of steam accounts is against their terms and they can disable the account if they find out and nothing you could do about it :mad:

From steam support:

• Buying, Selling, or Trading Accounts

Accounts which have been bought, sold or traded will be disabled. This includes any other accounts in your possession at the time of the sale or trade, regardless of whether those accounts were also sold or not.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom