Modern Warefare 2, £39.99 @ toysrus online (pre order)

fewie225

As title really guys, first time I've seen it below £40 without vouchers codes! Here's a link to my hotukdeals thread,

[ link removed by moderator ]

feel free to add thanks, heat and rep! :thumbsup:

sheppty

Thats the best online deal I've seen.

However, I was in Asda Norwich this morning getting a PS3 & fifa and they had a display out confirming you could reserve a copy of MW2.

Considering the last two COD's have been sold very cheap on launch by Asda (I got COD5 on 360 for £27.00) the fact you can now reserve one at Asda is very tempting. Almost certain to be discounted and now you can guarantee for launch day.

I'm going back next week and reserve my copy as the Norwich branch ran out of supply after the midnight launch last year for COD5.

94jdh

All well and good but what are they like to deal with, is it gonna arrive on release day ?

They are similar to online ones like thehut etc, ordered before and arrived fine on the day. I haven't used it alot as the prices are generally cheaper(not much) elsewhere.

kidou

Novice Member
I have heard a rumour that the supermarkets will be doing this for £25 on release day and the same for Fifa 2010, pro evo 2010 and gran tourismo. There will be a price war on these 4 titles only.

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
I have heard a rumour that the supermarkets will be doing this for £25 on release day and the same for Fifa 2010, pro evo 2010 and gran tourismo. There will be a price war on these 4 titles only.

I know the supermarkets have buying power but COD is going to retail at £55 quid so I doubt they would knock 30 notes off I would say it would be priced around the £28/30 mark as that would still be a great deal in my eyes, I am considering holding for a supermarket deal now though they usually come up trumps :thumbsup:

biggy7

according to the guys at gamestop store, MW2 costs £40 to buy the game from activision.

SuperAshcroft

Novice Member
according to the guys at gamestop store, MW2 costs £40 to buy the game from activision.

And supermarkets sell games at a loss to get people in the shop and take the money away from dedicated game stores. They can afford to take that hit in the long run.

biggy7

yeh, gonna be fun for MW2 release, i am not going to pre order it, just gona go supermarket shopping on day of release! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

kmm

Yeah, I had MW2 pre-ordered, but after the price war on FIFA 10 (which I also had pre-ordered), I cancelled my MW2 pre-order as I'm sure the supermarkets will have a cracking launch week-end deal on this.

I managed to (just) cancel my FIFA 10 pre-order in time and got it for <£25 at Tesco :smashin:

sheppty

I went ahead and pre-ordered MW2 for 360 at Asda today. First time I've ever done that at a supermarket. No deposit required and they did not require any personal details. They just scanned a barcode and gave me the receipt.

Cashier confirmed copy of the game would be held for three days only and if I don't bring the receipt I won't get the reserved copy. I'm fine with this as if it's less money elsewhere then I can let the copy go although I'm pretty confident the Asda price will be cheap come launch.

Flashpoint 2 to keep me going until then.

Roll on Nov 10th:smashin:

sheppty

I am sure last year supermarkets sold it at full wack. as they know people will pay it

I got COD: World at War on 360 at Asda on launch night last year for £27.00. It was advertised in most newspapers at that price in the run up to launch.

Last edited:

Mensy

Distinguished Member
I got COD: World at War on 360 at Asda on launch night last year for £27.00. It was advertised in most newspapers at that price in the run up to launch.

can clarify that i took a newspaper to currys with me to price match asda for WAW and got it for £27

fewie225

Was in my local toys r us yesterday and can confirm this offer IS INSTORE aswell!! Saves worrying about delivery, guaranteed collection day of release at 39.99 has to be worth a shot!!

bubs999

Mines 35 quid from tesco, can't imagine it will be that cheaper on launch day due to the high retail price

SirGorilla

I'm still going to pick my copy up in person to avoid Royal Mail not delivering it and me starting WWIII at the post office :D. Gonna try and get a copy a day early from any of the local supermarkets as till workers haven't a clue about release dates and whatnot.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom