• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Modern Greats - Problems with Picture!

papa_flump

Established Member
Any ideas....

Last night whilst watching 'As Good as it Gets' the picture started breaking up and freezing (sound continued)... the only way to resolve was to switch channels for a second.

Did anyone else have this problem or is my box/lnb about to pack up... no adverse weather conditions either.

Cheers

kenedin

Prominent Member
Any ideas....

Last night whilst watching 'As Good as it Gets' the picture started breaking up and freezing (sound continued)... the only way to resolve was to switch channels for a second.

Did anyone else have this problem or is my box/lnb about to pack up... no adverse weather conditions either.

Cheers

I wouldn't worry about an isolated incident. If it's a regular occurence, it could be the beginning of a problem. How old is your dish/LNB/digibox? A Thomson?

rcaudwell

Prominent Member
Haven`t noticed (although haven`t watched other than flicking through) since the "official launch" although it was doing this sort of thing a lot when they were testing the channels

papa_flump

Established Member
the dish & lnb were installed in March this year.. box the box is a Thompson and was first used in May 2007... but inactive for more than 6 months (moved house without sky)... not that this helps with it's age, I guess.

I have just completed a software update... makes me feel better about doing something :rolleyes: seems ok this morning, but could I be in for a rough time?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom