Moderators...Please read.

Mr Merrick

Established Member
Reaction score
If someone were to obtain the disc needed to alter the firmware for multi-region playback on the Denon 3800 DVD, is it legal to post its contents on a URL? I know many of you will say no ;) but this is a serious question...would anybody be held liable if this were to happen.

Post it and if there's any complaints we'll pull it.
Thanks

Will do...my dealer only has the one copy and requests that the mod be done on site...however, we're close mates so I'll either try to borrow the disc for an hour or so, or (if possible) extract the disc contents onto my laptop. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hopefully you should get it by Monday evening (around midnight). I can't promise anything, but if I get the disc, trust me, you'll get the URL. ;)

At least one friend for life if you pull this off (and I'll chip in for your legal fund if it comes a cropper) ;)

Even if you don't do it someone else will very soon....

Regards,
Ian Guinan

Originally posted by ian_guinan
At least one friend for life if you pull this off (Regards,
Ian Guinan

As I have now (more-or-less) decided on the 3800 I certainly would be very pleased if someone were to make the necessary files available online.

Sweet,

Id love to have acopy aswell! you never know when it could come in handy!

Great news mate! Nice one!

My CDR is in the drive ready for burning this evening...must try not to keep checking every 10mins or so.....

Expectently,
Ian Guinan

Originally posted by ian_guinan
My CDR is in the drive ready for burning this evening...must try not to keep checking every 10mins or so.....

Expectently,
Ian Guinan

Me too mate!

I went there this morning and the place was bloody closed (bank holiday, should've known):mad:
I'm as disappointed as you are as I have a few mates coming round tonight and 'We Were Soldiers' was on the R1 hotlist.
Still...Keep that CD-R in your drive Ian cos I'm there first thing tomorrow (9am) and I should have it up around noon.

Nevermind :(

You should look forward to tonight. We Were Soldiers is a fantastic movie. And with all that shoting it will give your sub a workout of it's life. One of the few movies that actually made the coling grills on my REL Q400 very hot.
Hope you get the software, i have a 3800 on order.

I can (almost) wait till tomorrow....thought it a bit suspicious that they were open on the bank holiday. Good luck...we're behind you all the way!

Regards,
Ian Guinan

Right...I picked up the disc today and rushed it home...as I read the instructions it said "Important Notes": There is a 'different CD-ROM' for each model...the DVD-3800 and the DVD-A1. However, on the disc, there is written "Denon DVD-A1 and Denon 3800" (not printed but handwritten, mind you). I put the disc in my PC to check the rom image which is titled DVD9000 so the update is DEFINITELY for the Denon DVD-A1, but I'm waiting for my dealer to clarify compatibility with the 3800 Model. If you do the update on a 3800, you do so at your own risk...I've waited a month or so already so a day or two won't hurt...

For all you lucky DVD-A1 owners...Here ya go :D

http://geocities.com/mr_merrick/denon_dvd.html

Thank you.
Hope it'll work on the 3800.
Now, who has the guts to test it on the 3800?
I haven't gotten mine yet so thatr rules my out, right?
Atleast i hope so. Because if i will be the one, we'll have to wait for a couple of weeks.

Still no news?

Sadly no delivery for Mr. Merrick yet...other sources have promised soon if this one doesn't work out. Still patiently waiting..

Regards,

Ian Guinan

Any update to the 3800 firmware? Haven't seen anything posted about this for a while?

Got my Denon DVD3800 today, region free with hardware mod.
Problem is: to watch a region 2 movie i have to set AV1 out to Video and Component out ti Interlaced to get a picture on my Panasonic AE100. With region 1 movies i can have AV1 out on RGB and component out on progressive.
As i have moastly region 1 DVD's it is not a major problem, but it still is a pain in the ass to switch every time.
So i need the PAL-P sofware.
Keep on it guys.

Which mod is that? Do you know?
Sounds like a major pain and far from elegant...I'll wait (and wait).

Regards,
Ian Guinan

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom