Modem/router “hangs” after one hour on average.

Discussion in 'ISPs & The Internet' started by goshmon, Feb 1, 2014.

1. goshmon

goshmon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My broadband wireless modem/router “hangs” (stops communicating) after being in use for about one hour, on average, until reset by manually switching it off and then on again, irrespective of it’s duty in use. It is a Pluscom AWR-7200 “Combo 5-Port ADSL2/2+”.
    I have put up with this for 2 years since purchase because it “reminds” me that I have been surfing too long (!) and also because I have thought there would be an easy fix when I wanted one.
    However, I have to confess it is now getting irritating. Pluscom does not seem to exist as a company and I have not been able to find any official support online (the handbook gives “http://pluscom.cn”, but that just returns a meaningless page). The shop I bought from no longer sells Pluscom (!) but have advised me to check my line, which I have done thoroughly (length, connectors, filters, everything).
    Online web forums point to setting the router software “idle timeout” to zero seconds as a solution (the default setting is at 60 seconds). However, the Idle Timeout field is greyed out and the setting cannot be changed, even when I use “other” for the ISP setting, for which the handbook screen-shot indicates the Idle Timeout setting will not be greyed out.
    Has anyone got a solution to this please.

2. BB3Lions

BB3Lions
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,539
    PC power settings to turn off modem after 60mins?