Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Modem for my P.C. + PS2

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jameswright, Sep 20, 2005.

1. jameswright

jameswright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Just wondered if any of you bods out there would be able to help a lowly simpleton such as myself. I realise this may be a very simple question but I just want an "Expert" opinion. I'm looking to both connect my P.C. to broadband and also my Playstaion 2 to the internet. All I currently have is the PS2 network adaptor and Ethernet lead. I'm aware that the Modem will need an ethernet port and a standard broadband connection, but thats all I know!!!!! All help would be welcome, but the main question would be what do I need to do all of this, and is it possible to do wirelessly?

Please help me A.V. forum your my only hope!!!!

2. OneEleven

OneEleven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    What sort of internet connection do you have? Do you already have a modem for it?

If not and you have an ADSL connection then a combined ADSL modem/router will be more convenient, if you already have a modem or use cable (eg. NTL like I do) then the sort of device OneEleven pointed you at will do the job.

And yes, it's a simple question .. but you only know that AFTER you've asked it and understand. ;)

4. OneEleven

OneEleven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Both of those items do have a ADSL modem built in :p