1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modem for my P.C. + PS2

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jameswright, Sep 20, 2005.

1. jameswright

jameswright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Just wondered if any of you bods out there would be able to help a lowly simpleton such as myself. I realise this may be a very simple question but I just want an "Expert" opinion. I'm looking to both connect my P.C. to broadband and also my Playstaion 2 to the internet. All I currently have is the PS2 network adaptor and Ethernet lead. I'm aware that the Modem will need an ethernet port and a standard broadband connection, but thats all I know!!!!! All help would be welcome, but the main question would be what do I need to do all of this, and is it possible to do wirelessly?

Please help me A.V. forum your my only hope!!!!

2. OneEleven

OneEleven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    What sort of internet connection do you have? Do you already have a modem for it?

If not and you have an ADSL connection then a combined ADSL modem/router will be more convenient, if you already have a modem or use cable (eg. NTL like I do) then the sort of device OneEleven pointed you at will do the job.

And yes, it's a simple question .. but you only know that AFTER you've asked it and understand. ;)

4. OneEleven

OneEleven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Both of those items do have a ADSL modem built in :p