1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Model numbers

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by SeanB, May 21, 2002.

1. SeanB

SeanB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do the likes of Dixons and Comet etc. have their own model number reference.

eg. A relative was looking to purchase a JVC AV28T55 from Dixons. Knowing very little about TV's myself I said I would at least do a search on the web and get a review and probably a much better price from someone like PRC direct.

As it turned out, I didn't get one result when I typed in a search for the model number.

Where can I find a cross-ref of 2001 and 2002 models and decent reviews?

Any advice would be appreciated and direction on getting a good deal.

Sean.

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Don't know if you've already tried this but by far the best way of fishing out a good deal on the net is to use Pricerunner They carry comprehensive listings for most TVs and many dealers. Stores like Dixons occasionally do have "exclusive" models... but I'm sure you'll be able to find equivalents elsewehere. As far as reviews go you can look at www.whatvideotv.com however you will be hard pressed to find a comprehensive run-down of sets anywhere. For this it's best to call the manufacturers and ask them to send you a current brochure and tech specs. sheet. Good luck with your search!

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0