• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

"Mode not supported" on my HDTV when using VGA Lead?

rik_t

Standard Member
Hi have just purchased an XBOX360 which I currently have connected via component to my Samsung HDTV. I have the image set to HD and it looks fantastic.

I was also provided an HDTV VGA lead, problem is when I try to connect to the TV with this lead, the PC screen appears but only with an error "Mode not supported" Does anyone know why I would get this error?

Regards,
Rik

kevlar

Established Member
Not 100% because I haven't tried connecting this way but it may be to do with supported resolutions. I think when connected via vga you have a choice of resolutions to pick from in the 360 system blade?

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Do you not get a picture at all ?

Also did you have the VGA hooked up to a PC Monitor before using ur sammy TV ?

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
I know the presses needed to change the resolution you could try this.

Turn on ur 360 with your controller (Whilst connected to the TV via VGA) and wait for about 10-20s to make sure its loaded up your profile since the xbox pauses for a couple of seconds whilst initializing ur profile.

Once on press Right 3 Times, A, A, A That will take you to the resolution page then try pressing Up 3-4 times (to try and get to the lowest resolution) and press A and see if you can see a picture that way.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom